Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Friday, March 5, 2010

Thursday (Day 7)

JaaMarch 4, 2010.
Altoona Hospital.


/\/\/\ Jas, Jill, Jess /\/\/\

I met a really nice guy, Jesse, at the prison where I worked. Whenever I was admitted for my stay in the Altoona Hospital, Jesse and his daughter Jasmine stopped over to cheer me up. Since I was stuck in the hospital for 2 weeks, every other day I'd get a phone call. Upon answering the phone, a cute li'l voice would say, "Hey Jill! Can I come over?" Haha...you can't say no to that? So Jasmine would come and spend the evenings with me. We would make cards for my roommates (b/c they'd be in and out and in and out), nurses (our favorite nurses), and just drew pictures to paste around the room.

They found out I was again in the Altoona Hospital, so they decided to stop over very quickly. So they did. Wow, such a blessing. Jesse is an amazing guy. He's been raising his two children on his own for the past 6 years since his wife died o' cancer. So for him to take the time to come and visit me was such an amazing blessing! Jasmine is so sweet, and her smile makes me feel so much better...and cheers me right up.
All o' Us!


Two Mexicans & an Irish Lass.



What a sweet family.


I just LOVE this li'l girl!





/\/\/\ Medical Staff /\/\/\


Fifth floor medical staff truely has the best medical staff in the hospital. I loved all the staff workers, and especially loved their scrubs. B/c I am constantly visiting the hospital now and again, I have gotten to be friends with a lot o' the nurses, learned about their lives, family, etc... So it was sad to get the word that I was leaving them. Happy to be geting some answers, but a li'l disappointed they couldn't go with me! ):

Ashley & ME.


Ashley, Me, Robin (front), Terri.


Robin & Me.


Me & Terri.


My buddy, Bekah!



Yup...gonna miss this one!



Haha...love her!! (:




/\/\/\ Ace & Jill /\/\/\


I'm SO thankful to have such a wonderful man by my side. Poor Ace got married to me and we haven't even been married for one whole year and we've already made it thru 4 hospitalizations (May, July, August, December, and now Feb/March). Ace's schedule: Get up, work all day, go home, grab supper, leave for hospital, spend evening with yours truely, leave hospital, go home, get ready for bed, hop into bed, hopefully get some sleep before it's time to do it all again. I couldn't have asked for a better husband! God truely blessed me with him.

Although, I think he hates my picture-feddish!


See what he has to put up with?


The tourcher!


Look at his face...Haha...he's had it! (:


Talking on the phone!


/\/\/\ UPDATE /\/\/\



Oh what a day, what a day! For the past couple days, everyone thought I was in Pittsburgh. They had every right to think that, since they kept telling me I was leaving and things kept falling thru. Here's how it happened:

Wednesday
  • Dr.McKibben comes to visit me. Clears me to go to UPMC
  • They got a bed, got transportation; however, problem with paperwork.
  • I'd be waiting till a.m.

Thursday
  • Paper guy came and fixed the paperwork problems.
  • Now just waiting for a bed.
  • Waited ALL day...
  • Finally @ 7 p.m. a bed became avaliable.
  • I got all packed up and ready to go.
  • Waiting for transportation...
  • Nobody could come and get me...I'm stuck in Altoona AGAIN!
So I'm stuck waiting to go to PITT...AGAIN!! I love it!!



THE END!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment