Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Friday, March 12, 2010

Thursday (Day 14)

Magee Women's Hospital.
Thursday, March 12, 2010.

I was not feeling oh so good today (Thursday), so having some more surprise visitors come to see me really helped make my day. Each day a few people from town ventured the 3 hour drive down to Pittsburgh to visit me. These were the people that stopped by to visit me for Thursday. It wasn't probably the best day for them to stop by b/c I had a bunch o' tests to go through today. It was still fun to have familiar faces stop by for a visit, and cheer me up! (:

Mama B...no, Jack didn't come.


Mrs. J...what a hoot the car ride must have been.


Barb Grove...What a sweetie.


All o' Us...Yeah!! I look really sick. I'd also like to point out that I'm getting ready to go down for some testing so I had my isolation gown on. Also honk if you can see li'l Baby Jefferis! (:
Thanks for stopping by, Girlies! (:



All o' the cool socks...can you guess who's is whose?


Saying their goodbyes.

(I was still down getting my testing done.)

Being silly with the socks (:


Gotta have a feet picture, right? Pretty, right?


My awesome socks!


All my stuffed animals! (:


Michelle...my favorite nurse.

For one o' the tests that they wanted me to do, was called the Activated Charcoal Test. This test involved swallowing a big cup o' Activated Charcoal, then they would wait and let it run thru my system. The goal is that the charcoal would get to the spot where the fistula (hole) is in my system and then it would leak thru so we could find it. The nurse on duty, Mary CRNP, was a real jerk face. Although I hate to admit it, I didn't like her and she was very inconsiderate. When I was in pain and crying in a ball on my bed, she literally told me to "suck it up". When I asked about more pain meds, Mary laughed and said I didn't need anything that I would be fine.

So needless to say I drank the awful tasting Activated Charcoal, without complaining. If you look at this video below, you can see how thick and disgusting it is. Yet, I didn't complain. My nurse, Michelle was VERY impressed with me that she couldn't stop complimenting me on how well I had drank the stuff. Please note at the very end how she gives me a "high 5" and then she says how much she loves me. (: Oh yeah, and you just gotta love the black charcoal all over my teeth!! Eww...

Yummy Yummy Charcoal...




Gotta a li'l something on ya face!


/\/\/\ MY FAMILY /\/\/\


Me in my Ativan-Induced sleep...
I look like Sleepy Beauty.


To my surprise, I woke up from an Ativan induced sleep to my family all walking into my hospital room. It's so nice to have my family so close and them able to be there to be an encouragement to me. They are great support and I love them so much! (:
Mama & Her Girlies.

The Girls...


Me & My baby...KK!! (:


Heidi, Doug, Jan, Carrie, Kaitlynn
CC & Me.

My Visitors...sorry I was in such a foul mood.

Caden loved my HUGE wheelchair.


Isn't that wheelchair soo big??



It was a great time had by all. I enjoyed visiting with my family. Even though I was in such a foul mood from my stupid nurse practictioner, Mary, it was so great to have my family there and be such a GREAT support to me at this time. (: I have the most wonderful friends and the most terrific family o' all times. Couldn't ask for anything better. I'm also very thankful that my sister lives so close to this hospital. My sister and I haven't always been as close as I would have liked to be, but recently thru all these trials, Heidi and I have become a LOT closer freinds, and for that I am SO greatful. Praise The Lord for such wonderful friends and family. I couldn't be as strong or make it thru where I am today without them.

Also, this blog wouldn't be complete if I didn't have a li'l paragraph to write about my lovely hubby. It's been so nice to have such a wonderful husband. It's been a rough journey for poor Ace, but he has certainly been quite the trooper. I'm sure that many times I have mentioned this before, but I'll mention it just one more time. Ace and I were married in May, and it is now March. That makes us married for a total o' 10 months. In those 10 months, many were spent in the hospital: May, July, August, December, February, March. So it's been pretty rough for Ace as well. It's also been amazing to see the many people who have helped donate money for gas and food for Ace so he is able to be down here with me and be by my side and not have to be so concerned about work, etc...

My Lover, BFF, One & Only...


Well, enough about that. Hope to have some better news tomorrow! Have a great night!! (: MUAH!!



/\/\/\ THE END /\/\/\

No comments:

Post a Comment