Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Friday, March 19, 2010

Monday (Day 18)

UPMC Montefiore.
My New Room---N1262
My Phone Number--412.802.3226


See My Room? My last name is Finnegan now...


On my way to the OR...


Because we didn't know what room we were going to be in we had to carry our luggage all over the hospital. We did have a lot o' bags; however, we put the majority o' the bags underneath my gurney so Ace didn't have to hold all o' them.


Down in the "pre-op" area with the two anesthesiologist. They did an excellent job...mainly because they knocked me out and I don't remember a THING!! YAY!


I got back from surgery and hooked up to IV pain meds, which I can click the clicker every 6 minutes.


Alonna, RN, monitored my post-op status
for my first night. Ugh, it was very painful,
I'm not gonna lie.



Uh...Eww....

Just got back from surgery..."resting"...

My nose looks all deformed and stuff.


I was NPO (nothing by mouth) so they gave me a plastic stick with a green spongey thing on the end. I could dip the green sponge in water and then use that to moisten my mouth.


Me & Baby...Baby helps me when I need to cough.


Me and MY BABY...he makes me feel all better.

Because I have a PICC Line, the "lab tech people" don't have to jab me every a.m. to take my blood, which is a huge blessing! This is how they drawl the blood. They use an empty syringe and pull back so that all the blood into the syringe. The blood taken here is called discard blood, and it is thrown away.
Drawling the Waste Blood from PICC Line.


All the equipment that she used. You can see all the flushes, and all the tubes that are needed for my lab drawln. I needed a Chemisty, CBC, PT/PTT, INR, and then an ESR.
All the equipment.


The view from my window...


Lots o' buildings and houses...




/\/\/\ MONDAY VISITORS /\/\/\

I certainly was not expecting any visitors to come down to visit me because o' it being such a long drive. Pastor Coleman was on a missions trip to St. Vincent where he took a bunch o' the older kids (Johnny, Jared, Ginny, Joy). Yet, he made the 2-3 hour trip down to Pittsburgh to visit me and I believe Bob Clark. Poor Pastor, I doubt he will ever want to leave the county or leave the church again, cause he left and everyone got sick (Bob Clark, Alisha Hawn, Me), got in car accident (Vera Alleman), and Jana got her last treatment.
Pastor & Me.


I met her at camp and we always had a hot glass o' tea together. She is from Upper Michigan, but she has family in Butler. So she spent the week in Butler with her family. Then she stopped by to visit me, which was oh so very good o' her. She really made my day. I hadn't seen her in forever. So it was so awesome to see her. I love this girl.
Me & Mama A.


/\/\/\ Food to Eat /\/\/\

Ace got a li'l hungry, so here is what he ordered"
  • Cheese Burger.
  • Fries.
  • Brownie.
  • Ketchup.
  • Mustard.
  • Mountain Dew.



/\/\/\ THE END /\/\/\

No comments:

Post a Comment