Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sunday (Day 17)

MaGee Women's Hospital
Sunday, March 14, 2010.

My last day...


/\/\/\ Food...FOOD...Food /\/\/\

My Meal
  • HOTT Beef Broth.
  • Rainbow Jello (even though it's only red).
  • Raspberry Water Ice.

Ace's Meal
  • Chicken Fingers.
  • Sliced Carrots.
  • Green Beans.
  • Cottage Cheese.
  • Tossed Salad with French Dressing.
  • Chocolate Pudding.



/\/\/\ JAWBREAKERS /\/\/\

So how about my favorite candy in the whole wide world is Jawbreakers. The only place you can get jawbreakers is Gardner's Candy Store. Lyra Schroeder has this "tradition" that every time I'm in the hospital, she brings me a li'l bag o' like 10 jawbreakers. Well, since this hospital stay is on day 17, the 10 jawbreakers only lasted me to day #7. So since Lyra is the greatest person ever, she bought me the hugest box filled with my fravorite candies. Wow, Lyra (& Daniel her hubby probably helped too, so he is also awesome) is AWESOME!



Medical Staff.

I will say that the medical staff here at MaGee was awesome. All the nurses, nurses aides, and even the cleaning crew were so pleasant to be around. They definitely helped me feel better and they were very caring.

Nurse Janet
Love HER! She gives great hugs too!

Nurse Sheila.
Compassionate, Caring, Cool!



CT Scan Time.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

After meeting with the GI Doctor at noon, Dr. K. Tri Nguyen, he ordered a CT Scan (to be read STAT). So he ordered me to drink this GROSS drink in 20 minutes, then 1 hour later take the scan, and then scan needs to be read STAT!
Here is Dr. Nguyen.
(Pronounced: "win")


YUCK! Not a big fan o' the CT Contrast Drink.

Here it goes down, down, into my belly.

Ace wanted to drink it too,
So he could "sympathize" with me.


The 1-Hour Wait...


After drinking the stuff...
Belly was bloaded, distended, and in agony.



/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Emergency Surgery...Off to UPMC Montefiore

Around midnight, the doctor on call came into my room and said, "Pack all your belongings up. You are going to UPMC, Montefiore for emergency surgery. We sawl air in your abdomen, and that requires immediate surgery." So I packed up my belongings and waited for the ambulance to come take me the 3 blocks over to Montefiore.


/\/\/\ THE END /\/\/\

No comments:

Post a Comment