Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Monday, March 22, 2010

(20th) Ventilator...Family House...Snacks.

UPMC Montefiore TICU
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Hospital Count Days: 23


Saturday has probably been the most difficult since entering the hospital 3 weeks ago. My oxygen has continued to decline and the doctors still have no explanation. In the morning, Ace continued to work with my breathing exercises to help strengthen my lungs. The nutritionists also put me on TPN (Total Parenteral Nutrition). This allows them to pump all my food directly into the bloodstream through the PICC line. At around 10:30 the doctors came into my room and said that they decided it would be best for me to be put on a ventilator. This would give my lungs a chance to heal while still giving my body the appropriate amount o' oxygen. At 11:00 the procedure was started, and by 2:00 I was able to have visitors again.

Ace being a good coach.


He is such an encouragement.


Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN)
Kinda looks like milk...I hope they know I'm lactose intolerant.


All the equipment for the ventilator procedure.


Diprivan
To make sure I stay asleep and don't feel a thing.


The ventilator that's gonna help me get all better.


Dr. Alan J. Rosenbloom(right) performed the procedure while the other doctor assisted.


One final goodbye.



/\/\/\ON THE VENTILATOR/\/\/\




"Love You, Honey"

What a surprise, Mom and Dad Finnegan came all the way from Ohio to see me. Here is Dad telling me to get better.



/\/\/\FAMILY HOUSE/\/\/\

Since Ace came out to see me over a week ago, he has spent every night in the hospital. What a treat when Mom and Dad Finnegan got him his own room at the Family House. The Family House is a non-profit organization that houses patients and their families. The house is only about a mile from the hospital, so Ace and his parents can even walk to come and see me.

Ace's Room

And Again.


Bathroom


Shower



/\/\/\ONE LAST VISIT/\/\/\


Ace and Mom & Dad stopped up for one last visit before going to bed. While they were there, the nurse changed my TPN. It looks like I will be snacking on some Mt. Dew for the night. I hope it doesn't keep me up too late.

Mt. Dew TPN


Lot's and lot's o' fluids.



/\/\/\THE END/\/\/\

2 comments:

  1. Adam...you are taking such good care of her. Sorry that it was such a hard weekend. Please know that we are praying hard and so are so many others...people who don't even know you guys! How neat that Mom and Dad got you a room in the family house...what a tremendous blessing! I know that you must be so blessed by having them there. Lot of love and prayers sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update Adam. Just wanted you to know that all of us up here in Grove City are praying for you guys. These times do make us realize how much we need God and His grace to see us through. He is faithful. Bill & Carol Pyle

    ReplyDelete