Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

(24th) Chair Day, Visitors...HS,CS, PR,MM.

UPMC Montefiore TICU
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Hospital Count Day: 27


/\/\/\CHAIR DAY/\/\/\


Wednesday was another big day in my recovery process. I have been doing well maintaining my oxygen levels while in bed. Now it is time to see if I can handle sitting in a chair. It's amazing that the simplest tasks can become so important after surgery. The nurses helped me into the chair just after 11:00. And I sat there for almost five hours. The nurses said that I did very well, but I don't think my bum was too happy. Now that I have mastered sitting the only thing left is walking. I think we've done enough for today, so we'll put that on tomorrows To-Do List. The doctors also said that I will probably be going back to a regular room tomorrow. I will definitely NOT miss being in the ICU.

This measures the amount o' oxygen I am getting.

Now, with night vision.

Sensors to measure my heart rate, respiration, and other vitals.

Mama stayed with me most o' the night.

Sitting in the chair. Believe it or not, I am trying to smile.

That's a li'l better

They also gave me a PCA pump again. I'm trying not to use it too much.

It was hard to get from the bed to the chair with all o' these tubes. I can't wait to be free o' them to.

Heidi came back to cheer me on.

Aunt Patty has been watching Caden so Heidi could be with. Now it was her turn to see my pretty face. I love her so much!!

Caden came to. But the nurses wouldn't let him come back to see me. Maybe tomorrow when I'm in a regular room.



/\/\/\THE END/\/\/\

No comments:

Post a Comment