Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

(22nd) Ventilator/Braid/Restraints...Gardens.

UPMC Montefiore TICU
Monday, March 22, 2010
Hospital Count Days: 25


/\/\/\SLOW & STEADY/\/\/\


After all the excitement o' the weekend, it was nice to have a relatively quiet Monday. In the morning, the nurses were nice enough to wash my hair for me. They even put it in a cute braid. Throughout the day, I continued to improve on my breathing. The doctors kept turning the ventilator down a lil' at a time until I was on the lowest setting. Much o' my family was still here keeping me company. Doug, Heidi, and Amanda Shepherd came up to be with me to. Amanda flew all the way from Philadelphia just to see me. In the evening, things got a little more interesting. The doctors lowered my sedation level enough so that I was able to respond to the people around. And what do you think was the first thing I asked for? O' course, I wanted to see Ace!! When Ace heard, he came running back to my room to talk to me. I couldn't talk yet, but I could squeeze his hand and nod my head. The conversation didn't last too long though before the nurses put me out again to get some rest.

Not too exciting.

Hair is nice and clean.

See my pretty braid?

So nice.

This will probably be the only time I have this.

Mom Finnegan liked it to.

They put my arms in restraints so I wouldn't pull the tubes out o' my throat.

If they think these can hold me, they're sadly mistaken.

These massage my legs to help prevent blood clots.


/\/\/\B. BLAIR CRAWFORD COURTYARD/\/\/\


In the afternoon, Ace decided he needed to stretch his legs, so he went for a walk. He found this wonderful garden on the roof of the seventh floor. He hopes to be able to take me out to see it when I'm allowed to get around.

Beautiful rooftop garden.

Gazebo

Very peaceful.

Unique stone fountain.



/\/\/\THE END/\/\/\

No comments:

Post a Comment