Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Saturday (Day 9)

MaGee Women's Hospital
March 6, 2010.
Day 9...Saturday.

Here are some pictures o' my room, or I should call it a suite. It's so lovely. I'm not used to this sort o' treatment and comfort for being in a hospital. (:
Come To Room 2842!


My Info Board.


Ace's Chair/Recliner/Bed.



My Messy, Irish, Beddie Bed Bed.


My Camode...


Shower...it's WONDERUL!


Sink, Mirror (Me), Shower.



/\/\/\ My Last Jaw Breaker/Buster /\/\/\


So, I love candy! Even though I'm on a clear liquid diet I can still get eat candy. So one o' my favorite candies is Jaw Breakers, also called Jaw Busters. Anyway, I was board and in my room and lonely, so I took some pictures o' me eating my last jaw breaker/buster.
Look Lyra...my last one.
All Gone...this's my Sad Face.




/\/\/\ MY HUBBY!! /\/\/\


At 12:10 p.m. my honey arrived. Apparently I texted him the wrong room number, so he went to the wrong room. Haha...whoops...me on drugs. But then he asked the nurse and made it safe and sound. I was just SO glad to see him.

YEAH...my Honey is HERE!!


Cards and presents from people!



/\/\/\ My Schedule /\/\/\



I was actually surprised that the nurses didn't come in at 6 a.m. to wake me up and do my vitals, and at 7 a.m. the nurses didn't bring me my food either. It was weird to have to call to get my food and everything that I wanted. So that was different. It is kinda nice b/c I feel like the staff is conformed around ME and MY schedule.

In the morning when I wake up, I pick up my phone, call extension 1-MEAL and say, "Room #2842, Jill Finnegan, and I'd like to order..." Then I order whatever I want (well anything on my clear liquid diet :) About 30-40 minutes later there's a knock at the door, and they come in and drop off my food. Yummy!
Chicken Broth. MMmm Good!


Now that Ace is here, he has to eat too! He can go down to the cafeteria and get food down there OR he can pick up the phone, choose food from the menu, and order a guest tray from Room Service. Let's see, who wants to leave the room if you don't have to.
HHmm...what to eat.


This is what he picked:

Baked Cod with Citrus Crust
Seasoned Bread Stuffing
Oven Roasted Redskin Potatoes
Cottage Cheese
Coleslaw
Granny Smith Deep Dish Apple Pie
Mountain Dew

Ace's Saturday Supper!
Yes, he ate it all, Haha...barely!


/\/\/\ TEST TIME /\/\/\

At 1:00 p.m. transport came to get me for some tests; however, there were some unforeseen circumstances that will have to postpone the test. We'll try tomorrow (Sunday). The doctor's gave me this totally disgusting drink that I had to drink to help clear out the bowel. It was really gross, but I drank it. I made Ace take a few sips...you'll have to ask him what he thought o' it! Haha...he was scared the sip that he took was going to make him sick or something! YUMMY, YUMMY in my tummy!

Eww...Gross!!!

The medicine really made me sick. The pain was so excruciating. After drinking just a few swallows from the bottle, it felt like my stomach was burning. Within an hour my stomach had swelled up huge, and felt like my stomach was going to pop!
Preggo? or Flare?


After crying all day and just plain feeling like crap, Ace had finally had enough. He went out to the nurses station and said what was what. Within 10-15 minutes the nurse opened up the door and had a lovely pain pump for me! If Ace wouldn't have stood up for me, I would have just suffered (and would still be suffering). PTL!!! God has truly blessed me with a wonderful hubby!
Thanks so much, babe!!


Givin' Ace a mouth fart on his head.

I love this guy!



Ace's chair all straightened out to a bed. The difference between the Altoona hospital and MaGee Women's hospital is so crazy. At Altoona, Ace wasn't allowed to be in my room after a 10! Here at MaGee, He's got his own chair, that turns into his own bed, and he can be with me the WHOLE time. PTL...what a blessing, right?



He is just "posing" for the picture (cause I asked him to) so you can get the idea o' how the bed works. It's a recliner chair that folds completely out into a bed. Down here at MaGee's, they didn't kick him out o' my room. They got him sheets, TWO pillows, and TWO blankets! Hopefully he gets a good nights sleep!


Goodnight Honey!

YEAH...for my Baby Love!

It was a long day, but I'm so thankful that Ace is here finally.


/\/\/\ THE END /\/\/\

No comments:

Post a Comment