Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Monday, March 22, 2010

(19th) Respiratory Problems...Oxygen Mask

UPMC Montefiore TICU
Friday, March 19, 2010
Hospital Count Days: 22



/\/\WATCHING & WAITING/\/\


With so much excitement going on it was nice to have a day where not much happened. Friday was a day o' watching and waiting. Things were fairly steady most o' the day. But in the evening, my oxygen levels started to get low. So the respiratory doctors tried a few different things to help bring my levels up.


Not ready to start the day.


Nurse Jen


A quick check o' the vitals. Everything looks okay.


Temperature check.


Temp is good to.


They gave me a suction tube to get rid o' all the junk I've been coughing up from the pneumonia.



/\/\/\FAITHFUL VISITOR/\/\/\


My sister has been so supportive during my stay. She makes the long trip from Grove City to Pittsburgh everyday to see me. Since I was in the ICU now, I didn't think she would be able to bring Caden. But early in the afternoon, a surprise peeked around the curtain.

Peek-a-boo


He is such a cutie!!


Not sure what they're looking at, but it must o' been interesting.


Caden taking control o' the finances.


Starting to get sleepy.


Nana will make it all better.



/\/\/\OXYGEN THERAPY/\/\/\


In the evening, my oxygen levels started to drop. So we tried some different devices to help bring it back up.

"The Moustache"
Introducing Professor Jill McFinnegan


"The Mask"


Tryin' to put it on while drugged is a little difficult.







Gettin' sleepy.



/\/\/\PHOTO OP/\/\/\


E.T. phone home.


/\/\/\THE END/\/\/\

No comments:

Post a Comment