Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wednesday (Day 13)

MaGee Women's Hospital
Wednesday, March 10, 2010.

To a very BIG surprise for me, a group o' ladies from my church drove the long, boaring drive all the way up to Pittsburgh to to visit me and cheer me up. It was SO sweet. I was totally surprised and it was just great to have some "visitors" when I was feeling so sick. PTL for friends. Friends are truly the best medicine...EVER!! (: Here are some pictures from their visit.


Liz & Terry...aren't they cute?


Gotta have a Feel Picture, right?
(Please note--unmatched, polka dot,
yellow hospital, brown socks.)

Bobbi Jo, Liz, Me, & Terry...

Boy, did we have such a great time. I'm sure the trip down was long and rough, but when they got here they were all giggly and ready to have fun. They enjoyed each other's company (at least that's what they said). Boy, you can only imagine what the ride down was like. Haha...hilarious!
(P.S. Notice the static on Bobbi Jo's Hair)


Me & Liz (what a great encouragement to me)


Me...Myself...and MUAH!! (:

Terri & I
(My face looks SO retarded)


Bobbi Jo...my newest BFF.


I can sand my nails
& sleep at the same time.
Are you Impressed?


Lunch Time...

Mom's lunch
Shrimp Stir fry in soy-based sauce over rice
Ceasar Salad
Fruit Salad
Maranated Pasta Salad
Oven-Roasted Redskin Potatoes
For Dessert -- Carrot Cake
Sierra Mist
(In case you are wondering...she didn't eat it all.)


Tryin to decide what to eat....hmm...


Everyone eating their guest lunch trays.
Some o' their food choices:
TERRY---
  • Open-Face Roasted Vegetable Sandwich.
  • Tossed Salad with French Dressing.
  • Oven Roasted-Red Skin Potatoes.
  • Marinated Pasta Salad.
  • Potato Salad.
  • Carrot Cake--Dessert.
  • Diet Coke.
LIZ--
  • Baked Cod with Citrus Crust and orange zest.
  • Chicken noodle soup
  • Tossed Salad with Italian Dressing
  • Steamed rice
  • Coleslaw
  • Angel food cake--Dessert.
  • Ginger Ale
Bobbi Jo---
  • Marinted Chicken Breast Sandwich.
  • Potato Salad.
  • Potato Chips (baked).
  • Steamed Rice.
  • Peas.
  • Chocolate Chip Cookies--Dessert.
  • Iced Tea.
Enjoying their lunches...YUMMY!!


Bobbi Jo & I.
(We kinda match.)


I sawl this sign hanging up in the hospital, and thought I needed to take a picture o' it b/c it was just so funny. So if/when you come to visit me, don't where your Dorothy red shoes! (: Haha...


My room is in the BLUE Zone.
Room Number: 2842.


Pretty Lady Statue Pouring Water.


Piano that played music.

Here is the piano playing the beautiful music. There is a Arts & Music school down here in Pittsburgh, and occasionally some o' the students come and put on a li'l concert just to cheer up the people here in the hospital. So when there is no one that comes to play the piano, they have "ghosts" that come and play songs for us. YEAH!! We have talented ghosts here, don't we?



The front lobby.


Second Floor Lobby.


The Girls leaving...Goodbye.


My Nurse...Michelle.

The residents...on my case.


Danielle, Serena, Paavani, & Me.



My awesome Nurse's Aide:
WHITNEY!

She was the coolest.




/\/\/\ THE END /\/\/\

No comments:

Post a Comment