Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Monday (Day 11)

MaGee Women's Hospital
Monday, March 8, 2010.

I had to make my hospital room feel like my home since I was going to be staying in the hospital for a really long time. Oh, such a very long time. Lots o' people send me many cards, letters, pictures, etc...and I stole some tape and put them up all over my wall, door, and ward-wrobe. It's so beautiful and everyone smiles when they come into my room and sees my lovely decor!! Hope you enjoy.

My lovely Ward-wrobe.


Maddie Jo's letter. She was mad b/c Bobbi Jo (her mama) wouldn't let her skip school to come visit me. But she did make a sweet li'l card, with lots o' illustration and gymnastics. She did such a good job. She misses me and wants me to come back to church.
Card from Maddie.


More Cards for Decoration.



The doctor's are very consistent about making rounds at 6 a.m. Yup...yup...yup, that's right the doctor's come knocking at my door at the buttcrack o' dawn. The doctor's stopped by with the game plan for today:
  • Put in PICC Line.
  • Take out Central Line (CVC).
  • Go to Radiology to check placement.
  • Go for a walk with Liz.
  • Eat clear liquids.
  • Get some rest.

/\/\/\ My PICC Line /\/\/\


Due to all my IV problems, they put a central line (CVC) in when I was in the hospital at Altoona. When I finally made it down to Pittsburgh, they wanted to take out the CVC (which remember how painful and awful it was when they put it in?) and put in a PICC line in the vein in my upper arm. A PICC Line is a type o' an IV that is put in on more o' a long-term basis. A CVC can last for a week; whereas a PICC line can be left in for months if needed. So now that you know what it is, I tried to take pictures o' each o' the steps. So here we go.
My muscle before the PICC Line.


(1) Using an ultrasound machine, a nice, juicy vein is selected. Or in my case, any vein will almost have to do. (:
Ultrasound machine & Big Juicy Vein.


(2) See the black marker mark? It shows the IV tech where to insert the catheter. Under the ultrasound a thin guide wire is inserted into through the needle and into the vein.

(4) A small catheter/needle is fed through the needle into the vein until it's in the right location. Once it's in, the needle is removed and the catheter is left in.

(5) The tubing is measured and recorded, and a connector is attached.



(6) A sterile solution is flushed thru the tube to double check placement.

(7) The catheter is attached by a stitch or two to confirm it's not going to get pulled out and to help keep the catheter in place. "Do not use until 3.8 confirmed by x-ray."


(8) Waiting for chest x-ray to confirm placement.


(9) And still waiting and waiting...

(10) Doesn't it look so pretty? Still waiting.


(11) All done...Yeah. Ace was GREAT for moral support, and he was good at holding my hand.


Yup, I'm SO lucky.


(12) After the PICC line was confirmed, my CVC line could be removed safely!!


I'm gonna miss this li'l guy! ): NOT!!


Wincing in pain as Mary tears the tape
(and all the li'l hairs on my neck) off.



Goodbye Stitches.



Pulling out the stitches.



Pulling out the CVC.



All done...WHEW!


Mary my Nurse. She was
very sweet.




Taking my medication. Booo....Booo...!


This is "how I sleep"!!


I fell asleep, can you see the line .
It's across my right cheek?




Just a bandage is all that's left.


Off to Radiology.

Don't you love the yellow suit.


Off I go...Goodbye!

See ya...
(I look like Julia Snare in this picture.)




/\/\/\ My Presents /\/\/\

Mama got me soft toilet paper.


Cause the right TP is a BIG deal!


What I've always wanted!
*GASP!*




/\/\/\ I'm Sleepy! /\/\/\



So here is the story. The doctors have put me on prednisone. It makes me go crazy! Part o' the side effects o' the prednisone (besides being on edge and OCD) is that it makes me so that I can't sleep at night. When I can't sleep at night, means I have to sleep sometimes...and that sometimes is usually during the day and in the oddest position. Mama loves it. Whenever I start to drift off into sleepy land, Mama grabbed my camera and started taking picture after picture. So, you have my permission to laugh! (:
Hopefully I don't choke!


Mama's a nurse--she knows CPR.


My Mama is so mean.



This is a really funny video, and you must turn your head, so sorry for that. But this is what happens b/c I'm just SO exhausted. Mama continues to tell me to lay down, and I just think I'm sleeping. Then I get a text from Bobbi Jo Gearhart (which I answer in my sleep). Please note that if I ever send you a text and it's Chinese or something you can't read, this could be why. Haha... Enjoy!! (: Thanks to my Mama!




And there's the phone call.


Mama's Supper on Monday:

Baked Cod with Citrus Crust
Ceasar Salad
Broccoli
Chicken Noole Soup
Fresh Seasonal Fruit Cup
Coleslaw
Grape Juice
Apple Pie



/\/\/\ MY Walk With Liz /\/\/\

One o' my nurses was such a sweet girl. Although we never new each other until this day, we hit it right off. This girl is just what I needed to cheer me up.
Liz & Me.

Gotta have a feet picture, right?



There was a cancer patient that stayed on this floor, and she wrote a big long letter describing her care and her wonderful nurses. It was very interesting to read. In this note you'll never guess who was mentioned in this lovely note? Can you see the name mentioned below?
(Elizabeth Dziabiak)


See she's famous! (:


The Mama & Baby Statue.



I'm just a li'l cut off o' the picture.


We're SO good-looking! (:



There was only ONE statue on the 2nd Floor.

Silly Faces...


I just love this girl.

It was a great time had by all...well, at least it was a GREAT day for both o' us, well for me definitely. I'm so glad for my new friend. She was just a real encouragement to me and cheered me right up. Besides it was good for her to get me outside my room, enjoying the warmer weather.


THE END!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment