Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

10.25--JC Blair Hospital (MON)

Today, I got a visitor early in the morning--Joyce Brubaker. She had got the girls off to school, but one o' the girls had forgotten something, so she had to take it to the school. She thought since she was already going into town, why not stop by and say hi to Jill!! So that is what she did. She spent about 3 hours visiting me, and we had good heart to heart talks...so thankful for my wonderful friend, Joyce



I thought this was a smile picture.




Silly faces...I got the memo this time!



A Good H2H Talk...



A Happy Face!




Look how cute we are...
Please note how squinty my eyes are here.



Joyce was trying to teach me what to do so my eyes would be open. She said you had to smile with your mouth, then open up your eyes while you were smiling. Let her show you.

Regular smiling...with squinty eyes.



This is her smile with the smilie eyes.


Me trying to smile with my eyes!
(Better work on this a li'l more.)



Ah well...guess my eyes are stuck being squinty.






Joyce and I both attend Calvary Independent Baptist Church. When her daughter Rachel was in first grade, she had me has her Sunday School Teacher. Also, I've had both o' her girls in Junior Church. Joyce and her husband Brian are both in the same Sunday School Class as Adam and me. We've also house-sat for them for whenever they went away for vacation over the summer. It was awesome.

Here are some links from fun times with the Brubakers!!


Joyce, thanks for being such a great friend.


We went to nursing school together and became great friends. It was so good to see her again.

My good buddy--Cheryl got to be my nurse!



Using her motherly eyes to tell me no!!



Love this girl!!


Liz told me this story o' how her father in law had died. She needed to take some Bereavement days off for the funeral and for the viewing. So she went into her boss and said, "My father in law died so I need a burrito." We laughed so hard. She's so funny!
Oh Liz!! You make me laugh so hard.



Funny Face Picture...Haha...Oh Liz!!



Bobbi Jo is such an encouragement!



Bobbi Jo has never had a computer so when she came up I showed her how to do a few things. She learned how to access my blog, which come to find out later that she had been able to access it all by herself with no help! She makes me proud!! (:
Here's one o' our training sessions.



Learning how to use the keyboard and type stuff.



Pastor stopped by to pray for surgery tomorrow.






Me with the Yinglings!





Hmm...thought this was a silly picture.





Jackie and I.
How sweet o' her to stop up.





Kylie stopped by again to cheer me up.
She brought me all sorts o' fun gifts. Ok, so most o' the presents were for Ace. No, but for real though, she was very sweet to get something for Ace. It's hard on him for me to be in here. Thanks Kylie!!





Haha...something was really funny!!





Mama brought me 5-6 bananas, a huge jar o' peanut butter, and a sleeve o' crackers. Because on my lab work my levels were all over the place, Mama was concerned and wanted me to eat some potassium and Protein. Ace made me banana slices with peanut butter spread on top, and he would eat a few bites and then I had to eat a bite...Ugh...
Wasn't really thrilled about it.



What a great day...now tomorrow is surgery day!

THE END!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment