Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

10.17--JC Blair Hospital (SUN)

Proud Parents o' TRIPLETS

SUNDAY
October 17, 2010.
At 4:00 a.m. I woke up in excruciating pain in my back on the right side-ish! After we'd tired every relaxing technique in the book from back rubbing, singing, deep breath in and slowly let it out, closer your eyes and go to a happy vacation place, etc...nothing worked! So after about 30-45 minutes, we left to the ER!! They took me back without too much o' a wait. After getting an x-ray, they couldn't get an IV in my arm or hand, so they ended up giving me an IM shot.

The Doctor's diagnosed me with three kidney stones, but because they couldn't get an IV in, they said we could leave if we wanted too and I would just need to drink lots and lots o' water. We left the hospital, got home and crawled into bed only to get up and get ready for Sunday School 45 minutes later. As Sunday School was over and we were walking from our class across, the pain stabbed me in the back. I gave Adam "that look" and we were off to the ER...again. This time, we waited in the ER for three grooling hours when I was seen and they decided to admit me so that my pain would be managed better. The first night o' my stay, the pain was so incredible I wanted to die. Because I hadn't met with my doctor yet, my pain medication wasn't set up yet, so it made for an incredibly l-o-n-g night!

They had to wrap my hand with HOT washclothes and then wrapped them in a blue plastic heater to try to get my veins to pop out. I have the worst veins, so they had already stuck me 3 times with no success. So that what this picture is showing.
The Heat Wrap...in the ER...getting an IV.



Finally...success, broke my wrist, but it's in!!
Ok, so the true story is that they didn't really have to break my wrist. They were able to get IV in; however, they had to use a 24 gauge needle (the size they use in newborn). You know that really tiny vein that is on the bottom o' your wrist? Well, that's the vein they used. They put a splint on the wrist so that it wouldn't lose it's place.




My brother's stopped by to visit me!
Never a "Dull Moment" when we are together!



My silly brothers...



Love Jesse's expression in this one!
It looks like he doesn't have any top teeth.



In the middle o' a contraction...
we weren't quite ready for this one.




Strike a Pose?



One...Two...CHEESE!!



Grrr...we're dragons!


So thankful my brothers stopped by for a visit before they left for Grove City for the week. Of course you know it was a great visit. They are out o' control!! (:


THE END!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment