Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Friday, October 1, 2010

9.29--Surgery Day

For those o' you that may not know what was going on, this surgery was a get-it-done-STAT surgery. They told me that I had let the stricture go, and they scheduled me for surgery the following week. They also told me that this would be something that they may need to do if my Crohn's Disease continues to have it's "normal flares."

The Procedure: They went in and cut where the stricture was and then stretched it open. You can see from the picture below that it was swollen really tight, and you can also see all the redness from the inflammation and the flare. They also took 4 biopsies, which the results should be back in 7-10 days.
Stricture Picture...Haha, I'm so good!




My Surgical Report.




I love the part where it says, "Avoid making critical decisions or signing legal documents for 24 hours." Also says, "Rest!"
My favorite part o' the surgical report.




My Resting "Spot".
My couch is so incredibly comfortable.
I'm so very thankful for two wonderful friends that really helped me out during this awful time. Stephen and Steph Fisher...they stopped over to visit, which was HUGE for me because I couldn't go anywhere or do anything. We watched a few movies and just talked. Stephen took me to get my medication and some other things...he even took me to get some Chai Tea (to which I added 1/2 a container o' sugar!) at Standing Stone Coffee. I love friends!

THE END!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment