Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

10.18--JC Blair Hospital (MON)

MONDAY
October 18, 2010.
Dr. Spencer Long and Dr. Buza both met with me. They figured out a good pain regiment for me to be on so that I wasn't in too much pain. Kidney stones vary in size. Stones 5 millimeters in size or less can usually pass on there own. I had 3 stones, and the one they were able to determine was 9-10 millimeters. Obviously I couldn't pass that stone, so we discussed our treatment options.
  • Operation, they can make an incision in your back and remove the kidney stone from the kidney, but that's a real surgery surgery.
  • They discussed lithotripsy--the least invasive and most commonly used. After the stone is located, ultrasonic sound waves are used to shatter the stone into fragments small enough to pass.
  • Another option, ureteral stenting uses a small metal tube inserted through the bladder into the ureter to keep the ureter open so a stone may pass through it.
  • Lastly, ureteroscopy, in which a small scope is inserted through the urethra into the bladder and looks into the ureter. Once the stone is seen it is either grabbed with a small cage like device or shattered with a laser.
Because my lab work that was drawn that morning showed severe malnutrition and other various concerns, Dr. Spencer Long recommended the less invasive procedure cause my body might not handle a full-out surgery. He also explained to me that I was scheduled for surgery tomorrow (Tuesday) morning at 9:30 a.m.

GUESTS!

It's so nice to know that people are playing for me and thinking about me, but it really means the world when they stop up to visit. Especially since my stays are every other month, it can get very depressing, but having visitors really cheers me up! So thanks to all those who made/make an effort to see me!!

Some visitors.
My li'l brother...EARL!



Mama B, Earl, Anna Jo, and Me.
(Please note, Anna Jo is smiling! She likes me!)



Rachel & William Lane.

Rachel was sitting on the bed, Liam pressed a button. It the flashed Rachel's weight across the screen so all could see. Ahhh, yes, Rachel was all worried because we could all see how much she weighed! Haha...yes and now I'm posting it on the internet so everyone can see that she weighs 86.9 pounds!!
Rachel! Look how much you weigh!



Liam took this picture o' me!!


Rachel and William Lane stopped by to visit me and to cheer me up, and cheer me up they did! Haha...William had prepared a few songs that he wanted to sing for me, which he sang them so gorgeous. He sang: The B-I-B-L-E!! and Jesus Love Me! Liam can't say his "s" sound, so that just made the songs all the more priceless!! I'm so glad they stopped by, makes me mis
Rachel & Liam...What a blessing!


The Watery Eyes Story
Bobbi Jo: "Your eyes look watery."
Mama: "See mine aren't watery."
(Picture o' my eyes...)Mama: "Yeah, your eyes are kinda glassy."
Bobbi Jo: "They do look glassy."
Me: "So you're telling me that I look stoned?!"
Bobbi Jo and Mama chime in together: "Yeah." "I wasn't going to say that!"

See the description above for this picture:



Bobbi Jo has been such a great support!

So...lithotripsy tomorrow (Tuesday) morning!

THE END!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment