Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Thursday, July 1, 2010

29-- CD...Scottie; Student Nurses.

Altoona Regional Hospital
June 29, 2010.


Visit From Scottie.

Everyone who knows me and that I work at the prison, easily knows how much I love working there. On 6.16.10, I had my 2 year anniversary o' working there at the prison. It truly is the best job ever...ok it's the only real job-job that I've ever been able to have. They have been willing to work with me and my sicknesses. Although, at this point they have actually hired another girl to help cover hours with me since I'm not very dependable. The other day a friend said about how they worked a few back to back 10-hour days. Then I think to myself how I work 4-6 hours a day and I'm shot. It blows my mind to even think o' working CLOSE to 40 in 2 weeks, let alone 40 hours in one week! My dad gets up at 10:00 p.m., goes into work till 7:30 a.m., then he starts his day day. He'll drive up to the farm and work on his the new "retirement house" and/or Pap's old house, different carpentry projects, and he doesn't sleep. How in the world can people go for days w/o sleeping. Just shows me how wicked poor health-wise my body is.

So back to the prison, I've gotten to make quite a few friends while working. One o' the nice things about being admitted into the Altoona Hospital is the fact that 99% o' the guards, nurses, and staff at the prison live in Altoona. This makes it nice b/c it's a lot closer for them to stop by to visit. The bad part is that no one wants to travel all the way from Huntingdon up to Altoona b/c it's just SO far away! But if anyone is every making a trip up to Altoona, feel free to stop by. Well, one o' the Sargent down at Huntingdon, Scottie, stopped down to visit and cheer me up. He lives fairly close to the hospital, so that makes it easier for him to stop by and visit. When he stopped down we talked a li'l bit about work. I also showed him pictures o' dad's house that dad has been working on. He is into building and that sorta stuff. So without further ado here is my buddy, Scottie.

Scottie & Me!



Him and Dana are the type o' people that would do anything for anybody! When I was in the hospital back in March, Scottie and his fiance' Dana spearheaded the money donation from the prison. Because o' his status as the Control Sargent, he told various officers that their job for the day was to be to collect as much money as they could for me. Dana & his heart is so sweet. They will never know how much o' a help they have been to us. Also, they really enjoy Ace's company and realize that throughout this whole ordeal, Ace has to go thru all this too. So they got him different goodies to help him. They got him "Smokey House Cheddar Crackers", well they are his favorite now, and I have to buy them!! What amazing friends! (:
Love this guy!



My Roommate--
Rose Mary.

She was getting ready to leave...LUCKY!




Votec School Nurses--
Because Altoona is a teaching hospital, many nursing students get to work on the floor and they each have patients to take care o' and work with. I got lucky because my nurses were amazing. I had Donna Curfman as my nurse on Monday & Tuesday. She noticed that I was wearing a Hollidaysburg Gymnastics T-shirt, and that's how we started talking. Donna said she had a daughter that did gymnastics at the YMCA. Then I found out that it was my buddy, Haily. So it's a small world. She did a wonderful job as my nurse, and it was great to just have a "mother" shoulder to cry on!
Me & Donna...


Clinical Days for the Votec school are Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Well, each student has either one or two o' the days depending on what level they are in. So Wednesday, I got a new student nurse, Kristy. She was very sweet, and it was so good to get to know her. She is going to be such a wonderful nurse someday because she was very compassionate. She was willing to do anything and everything for me to make me feel comfortable. I sure lucked out with student nurses. When she went to lunch, she made sure that there was another student that was able to cover for her. Funny story though, she came back and the "fill-in" nurse didn't do what she had asked them to do. That's because Kristy is a one-o'-a-kinda nurse! (:

Kristy, my nurse for the day!



Us Again...How Sweet, Right?


It's been so great getting to meet new people and to get visits from friends. I've got SO much to be thankful for. I have seriously been so blessed with all the wonderful people who I am SO proud to call them all my friends! (:

THE END!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment