Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Saturday, July 3, 2010

7.3-- CD...Docs, CT, Accident, Manicure

UPMC--Montefiore.
Saturday, July 3, 2010.


This morning was filled with doctor's appointments from all the different teams o' doctors. Here's what they said, etc...

Dr. Jerry Jacobs (Jinkle-Himer-Schmidt)
Internal Medicine Doctor
After meeting with Dr. Jerry Jacobs Jingle Himer Schmidt:
PLAN
(1) Repeat CT.
(2) D/C (discontinue) Solu-Medrol.
(3) Start back on Prednisone; lower the dose; tapper dose quickly.
(4) D/C (discontinue) Imuran.
(5) Start 6MP.
(6) Consult with OB/GYN.
(7) Start Lovanox to prevent blood clots.





-----------------------
CT Scan Time
-----------------------

Waiting for transportation.


Texting in my sleep...I'm that good.


Hurting, but ready to get 'er done!


Me & My Mama...I love her!


Brr...It was very cold.


They gave me some meds...


...which made me very sleepy!


Don't even care if you can see up my nose.


Any place to put my head and I was OUT!


I'm just glad I don't snore, eh?


I'm gonna get Neck-Lash!





My Neck is going to flick off!







Scan Time
-----------------------

After arriving down in the x-ray department, they began the prep for the CT scan. After drinking the prep, I walked around a bit as to try to get the contrast to move the farthest around in my belly. They called me back 5 minutes after I finished the drink, laid me down on the table, and hooked me up to the IV that had special dye. As the contrast was administered through my PICC Line, my head started to feel like it was going to explode. I yelled out for help, and after what felt like eternity, the nurse came back over. I was crying and told her how I was in severe pain. Mama could see how emergent this situation was, so she grabbed the wheelchair and my chart, and took off running down the hall. For some reason I think that mama was running in her socks or bare feet, you might want to ask her to be sure about that part.

We made it back to my room rather quickly (probably because o' mama's maternal instinct when her baby girl is hurting) and the doctor's were finally able to get the reaction under control. It only took all evening, but the reaction that I had to the dye finally subsided.






-----------------------
Manicures with Mama
-----------------------


Nail painting can be very relaxing.


Haha...Mama spilled her chips on the floor,

-

...then she spilled her drink on her pant leg.

...next the chips tumbled onto the floor.



But her nails looked SO good!



I've got Mama hooked on "feet pictures"!


Like the swirl thing? So cool, right?


I picked a shamrock!! (:



MUAH...Perfection!


Swirly Nails...We are SO good! (:

Doing nails really helped calm me down from such a crazy day o' excitement. Also, the doctor's ended up canceling the previously scheduled ultrasound, which we aren't sure why. So we will have to get more information next time the doctor's stop by. The end o' a long day o' procedures has come to an end, and I'm so thankful to have my wonderful mother with me! (:

THE END!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment