Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Sunday, July 4, 2010

7.2-- CD...Nurses/Med Folder, Iced Tea, Mama Chokes.

UPMC--Montefiore.
Saturday, July 3, 2010.



-------------------
New Nurses/Med Folder

-------------------



Today is Saturday, and there are new nurses on the floor. I have really been blessed with having incredible nurses that really love their job and love helping me feel better. I can honestly say that the past few days when I've needed a pain shot, and my button has been pressed, they are REALLY good about coming in right away to get it to me. So here are some o' my new nurses.
Marissa Matthews, Anna Holm, Brandon Mullen.


Marissa was MY nurse!


I've also been trying to write down everything that goes on to make sure that I can remember it later or just so that I can have some sort o' record in case my mother has a question I can go back into my notes and pull out the information that she needs. So I asked my nurse, Marissa for a folder to put all my stuff in it. The outside o' the folder consists o' two li'l pockets that I made out o' 3x5 cards. The one pocket is for anything I get about doctors (their business cards, etc...) or specific questions that I may need to address with a doctor specifically. Do you like how I've designed it?
My Folder...all pretty.




Important Papers.


Reports, Notes, Thoughts, Results, etc...




Doctor Pocket Part.


This is the Medicine folder. The up-ways 3x5 MED Card is for what time I've recieved any medications thru my IV. The bottom section is all the pills that I take. Haha...the colors are actually very similar to what they really look like in real life. Except for the blue shot. The shot is actually my Humira and it is really not blue.
Medicine Pocket Part.




This was painted with fingernail polish.



-------------------
Sweet Tea
-------------------
So, up here in Pittsburgh they don't have too many "clear liquids" choices. Haha...so I started taking tea bags from my breakfasts, lunches, & dinners and saving them. Then I put them in the water and let them steep for a day. Then I add all my sugar packets in the tea container. When this is all done the tea is done. At the beginning o' the shift when they ask for what they can get me, my request is easy, ice. So then we have FRESHLY brewed Iced Tea!! (: How cool, right?
Steeping the Tea.


Adding the sugar...



Ready to drink...YUM!!
And that was how I spent my day!






-------------------
Mama Chokes
-------------------
As if being in up here in the hospital isn't exciting enough, my mother tried to eat up some o' the attention. It was supper time and because o' all my pain I have been in, I wasn't eating; however, I asked them to bring me a tray (so mama could eat). So that's what she ate for supper. Next thing I knew she started coughing and gagging. We got an emesis basin and she was holding in front o' her face drooling into it. A piece o' food had gotten stuck in her esophagus and she was having trouble breathing. All she could do was drool in the basin.
Mama drooling in the basin...choking.


I better call the nurse!

Such an exciting day...so glad it's done!

...and glad Mama is alive!



THE END!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment