Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Friday, July 2, 2010

7.2-- CD...Scottie; PICC, Yogies, Lamborn/Bonin

Altoona Regional Hospital
Friday, July 2, 2010.


Woke up this a.m. to spend some quality friend time with Scottie, one o' the guards that I work with at the prison. It was nice just to be able to sit and talk to him. He's got the cutest li'l baby girl and we looked at pictures o' her. Boy, she sure is getting big!! (: I can always count on a picture o' the baby to make me feel better!
Scottie & ME.


Silly face...this one makes me smile!


Thanks Scottie for stopping by to cheer me up.




--------------------------
PICC LINE
--------------------------
In the a.m. one o' the nurses stopped by to clean my PICC Line. It was all covered with blood and bruised badly. So the nurse stopped by to fix up the dressing. This also means covering it with alcohol and ointment that cleans the wound, or should I say burn like mad!
All Bloody and Messy.


PICC Line, with the stitches.


Pretty Stitches, right? They give it some color.


Can you see the incision where they cut into me?


Teresa proud o' a job well done.




--------------------------
Nurses & Doctors
--------------------------
Some more o' my nurses that have dealt with my case and gotten to know me. It's been great to continue to see the Lord put many different nurses and doctors in my life. They will never know how much some o' them have made an impact on my life and how encouraging they have been.
Me & Nurse Kathy.


Gotta love my pain shot, right?


My Favorite PA, Rich Richard.
NOTE: He didn't break my camera!



--------------------------
Visitors
--------------------------
The Ybarra Family stopped by to cheer me up!
Boy, and cheer me up they did. They are such a sweet family!
Jasmine, my best buddy! (:


The Sweetest Family...The Yogi's.
All J's---Jill, Jasmine, Jess, & Li'l Jess.







--------------------------
Ambulance Trip to UPMC
--------------------------
Michelle and her mother stopped by around 4:00 p.m. to drop off some smell goods (lotion). When They arrived, my things weren't packed and the A-Med Team had arrived. So needless to say it was crazy trying to get all my stuff together, figuring out what we needed, seeing what was not needed, trying to condense it into as few bags as possible, all this while only being able to move so far because o' the lovely IV leash! Thank the Lord Michelle and Mama Lamborn were there at that time. They helped me finish packing, then they also took some o' my extra stuff home from the hospital (in Altoona) to my house (in Huntingdon) so that I wouldn't have as much to take to Pittsburgh (UPMC)! Again, Praise The Lord for such wonderful friends who are such a great support to me during this time.
Michelle, Me, & Mama Lamborn.


Ready to Leave in the Ambulance. YAY!
4:15 p.m. ---leaving Altoona.




--------------------------
Arriving at UPMC, Montefiore
--------------------------
I arrived in Pittsburgh around 5:40 p.m. Then I ended up waiting for them to give me my pain shot. It took them FOREVER!! Eventually around 9:15 p.m. I was able to get my pain shot. Because it had taken so long to receive the medication, by the time I had received the injection the pain was so bad that it didn't even touch the extreme pain that I was in. Dr. Rizvix (Internal Medicine) was on call and is my attending physician. She was able to see how much pain I was in and was able to batta-boom, batta bing get me coverage. So that was all good! She was very compassionate and even tried to get my medicine in me before she started poking around on my belly. Thank the Lord for nice doctors, right?
Dr. Rizvix--General Medicine.


Amanda RN, Night Nurse--Another Favorite.


Isn't she just so darling?


Diane Alexander, Nurse Administrator.
She was in charge o' updating my record information, emergency contacts, address, insurance, updated pill list, past medical history, and any other pertinent information. When Diane walked in the door she stated, "So I hear that you are really nice in this room." That's when I asked her for her picture. She was so flattered that I'd asked to get my picture taken with her, that she said I was by far her favorite patient so far.
Me & Nurse Diane.


All in all I guess the admission process went fairly smoothly. The only complaint was waiting 7-8 hours before I got my pain medication, so I wasn't a ball o' thunder when the doctor (Dr. Rizvix) came in to see me. In some ways it was good so that they could see the pain level my body is experiencing.

THE END!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment