Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

27-- Crohn's...ER

Altoona Regional Hospital.
Crohn's Stay.


(*) Emergency Room---
Ace is away in Canadia, so I'm hear all by myself. So good friends o' ours (Billy & Amy Gladfelter) invited us over to their house for supper. We made stuffed shells, garlic bread, salad with the works, and then Muddy Buddies (or some know it as Puppy Chow) for dessert. We ate supper and then it we were going to play Battle o' the Sexes. Who wants to guess who won...the boys? or the girls? Well, about halfway through the game, I started to get sick. Eventually, I needed to get to the ER, the pain was just killing me! So Alisha Hawn decided she would take me up. So we arrived at the ER. Let me just tell you that the people in the ER are weird. A group o' them were naming the fish in the fish tank...a girl was there cause she had an ingrown toenail. She came in after me and got called back before me. Alisha and I felt over dressed in our t-shirts compared to what other people were wearing! (:

After two hours o' waiting, we finally got called back. They did some lab work, then they began to try to get an IV in. Between three nurses (each o' them got two tries), they finally had to get the doctor who was able to place the IV in my neck.
Like my BLING?


Can you guess where they tried?


What about up here?
I didn't get any feet pictures...sorry.


My sister...it was freezing back there.


Nurse Amy...
She couldn't get IV access.


Nurse Donna...
She was SO super sweet.
Wouldn't you know I coached her daughter in gymnastics?


Nurse Kelly
No luck for Kelly either.


So they graciously called in my doctor so that she could try to get it. Alas, seventh time is the charm!! (: I really do like the number seven; however, in this case, three is a better choice.

I am SO thankful for having such a wonderful friend who was willing to sit up in the hospital with me all night till 5 a.m. This girl has really been so wonderful to sit and talk to with. I'm so lucky to have her as a sister! (:
Alisha & I.



-----------------------

Here is the CT Report---

Impression---
(1) Mild short segment wall thickening o' the terminal ileum in the RLQ.
(2) Thickening o' another short segment o' distal ileum.
*In English* Indicating acute exacerbation o' Crohn's disease.
(3) Possibility o' a stricture.
(4) Prominent RLQ mesenteric lymph nodes with proliferation

Treatment Plan---
~ Prednisone (Steroids) an intense/powerful anti-inflammatory medicine that will help decrease the inflammation caused by the Crohn's exacerbation (flair), as well as help with the possible stricture.
~ They have admitted me so that they could have a closer watch on me. Apparently, I'm not their average "Crohn's Case"! Also, the prednisone that I was on at home wasn't enough, so they have increased it and also decided to use a more powerful level o' the steroids (Solu-Medrol). Hoping they can get ahead o' this whole thing.



THE END!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment