Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Saturday, June 26, 2010

25--Crohn's Update.

Latest Crohn's Update.
June 25, 2010.


So just a quick update for those o' you who wanted to know how my appointment went on Friday. I went to see the doctor with various complaints. He was disappointed to learn how I was doing, especially after just getting out o' the hospital...again. He wanted to admit me; however, I was able to talk him out o' it if and ONLY if I agreed to start some steroids. My energy has been extremely low, there's been extreme fatigue, hair falling out in clumps, tunnel vision, weak legs, and lets not forget the pain.

...side note...sorry, I put this in another paragraph cause this was just me venting....

I'd also like to point out that every time I say, "My hair is falling out." It seems everybody replies, "Oh I shed so bad too!" "Or yeah, mine is really bad too it falls out all the time!" Maybe it's because I'm SO tired right now, but that really makes me mad. I wish for ONE day those people could just stand in my shoes and see the hair in my drain after I take a shower. If it's not cleaned out it clogs the drain. At night, I run a lint brush over where I sleep because in the morning when I get up, it looks like an animal has died in my spot! My hair used to be so thick that I had to buy the HUGE claw clips to hold up my hair...now they barely fit in the li'l ones. When the doctor sawl the picture o' the hair (and the bleeding) he was shocked. It's been really frustrating with work b/c I just havent' felt like I've had much energy to even go to work. I only work up to 5 hour days at a max 2 times a week (that's only 10 hours a week...MAX); however, I still have trouble working that. Add to that the fact that I've been in the hospital in February...the ENTIRE month o' March...Recovering in April...Back in the hosital in May...and here it is June with yet ANOTHER flair. I guess I'm just ready for a break. I'd be happy to take 3 months w/o having to be hospitalized. I'd like to be able to make plans and be able to keep them. Ah well, life goes on, right?

.....ok you can continue reading from here....

So they ended up ordering a bunch o' lab work. I mean like everything from the basic chemistry and blood count to a medicine level o' the medicine that I am taking (which the insurance doesn't cover and it's a $300 test...which we'll just not get that done). They started me on prednisone, which Saturday was my first go around o' steroids, and it's 12:30 a.m. Sunday and I can't seem to get much sleep. Especially since Heidi and Doug left. L-O-N-G night for me.... ): They also ordered 4 pages o' stool studies after I showed the doctor a picture o' the bleeding! Haha...yeah, pooping in a cup! He also recommend that I buy this shampoo that has seemed to help other people that have trouble with their hair falling out. It's only $50 a bottle and you can only get it in beauty salons. I guess we will just cut back on some things. Haha...actually when I told Ace, he said he has heard o' it and he knew that it did work, so that's a good sign! I take back complaining o' how thick my hair used to be! I go back to visit the doctor in a week and a half (when I get back from Ohio...hopefully) and then we shall go from there!

Thank you all for all your love and prayers.

--Jill Will (:

THE END!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment