Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 7

Lunch Time

At lunch time we had a hard time deciding what movie to watch while we ate. Someone told me that on this on CSI episode a person on the show had Crohn's Disease. So we thought that actually might be interesting. Also the movie "Fracture" was playing on the regular TV. Needless to say we watched them both b/c I couldn't decide. Since we'd both already seen "Fracture", we decided to "watch it" muted while we actually listened/watched "CSI: Crohn's Case."

Here they are, side by side...

For food they brought me a disposable tray (since I'm in isolation). B/c I wasn't really all that hungry, I shared my food with Ace. Below are pictures o' us eating lunch. Ok, we had no internet so I had to do something to occupy my time, right? I am pretty sure Ace was getting upset b/c I kept taking picture after picture.

Us eating lunch together.

My Lunch--Chicken Noodle Soup.

My Dessert--Lactose-Free Carnation Instant Breakfast (Strawberry).
Ace Lunch--a baked potato & hot apple sauce.
For dessert I ate one o' the Jaw Busters that Lyra Schroeder got me. As I started to bite in it, it started to crumble in my mouth. Confused, I started chewing; low and behold it became gum! How weird, I thought they were jaw busters. Apparently they had accidentally put a "Painterz" gumball in the mix.

Jaw Busters Wrapper...Painters Wrapper...and at the bottom, the gum.



/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\


Everything in this House is BROKEN!

I swear that they gave me the poopiest room o' all times. Everything that was in the room was broken or didn't work right, or didn't work at all.

MY Nightstand--front panel part torn from the drawer. I tried to fix it with medical tape...Haha...There was no duck tape.

My first TV didn't work at all, so they went and got me a new TV. This is the new TV; however, all the buttons were all screwed up. I will sometimes press the "channel up" and the volume goes down. When the "volume down" is pressed, the volume sometimes goes up. It's so confusing and frustrating.

My TV--Here I am pressing the channel down button...

This is what happened...It MUTED my TV!

Please notice all the buttons--"foot o' bed up"..."foot o' bed down"..."head o' bed up"...head o' bed down"..."call the nurse"..."turn TV on"..."volume up"..."volume down"..."lights on or off" Yes now that you can see everything...Well guess how many o' them work...?

My button panel--not a single button on here works!


Even the internet was not working right. It was down for 26 hours b/c Altoona Regional Health System didn't pay their Verizon internet bill. B/c the bill wasn't paid, Verizon disconnected the internet for 26 hours. That was the L_O_N_G_E_S_T day o' my life.


So when I sawl this screen, I screamed for joy! Internet is BACK! (:



/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\



Cleaning the Central Line.

Every 2-3 days my site needs to be cleaned and new bandages put on. This was my first cleaning & scrubbing o' the new central line.

Notice the dried blood & my 3 stitches.

My RN Ashlie cleaning the site.


Yeah...my new & clean bandage. Nice and white!




/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\


Nurses & Visitors

Saturday was a rather tiring day. I had been up really late that night b/c they put in the central line and it seemed to be causing a great deal o' pain. They tell me the pain I'm experiencing is when they were shoving the needle/catheter down it appeared to have scratched, scrapped, and tour the sides o' my vein in my neck.

Me & My Nurse Ashlie.


Pastor Stopped by for a quick visit.


Another one o' my nurses, Missy.



The day is done and I'm still having a lot o' chest & back pain. If it is still bothering me later on this evening, I am to let them know. Thus, day 7 comes to a close!!

The End!!!

1 comment: