Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day 10

Goodbye to JAPAN!

Today, was a sad day! It was the last day that I would get to see Japan (all the home-stay students from Japan). You see, before Juniata College opened up this past fall, some students from Japan, China, and various other places that needed a home to stay at before classes started. So like last year, we opened up our house. It was a great chance to get to know the students. Well, they were all leaving to go home to Japan for good. Chances are, we will probably never see them again, unless we travel to Japan someday. So they stopped home to visit with everyone; however, I am in the hospital, so Johnny decided to drive them all up so they could say goodbye and visit with me before they headed home. Here are some o' the pictures from their visit.

Johnny...their driver!

The girls!
(Yukie, Me, & Rie)


Me & Rie...with our sad faces.
Yukie & I with our sad faces.

Yusaku & I...sad he was leaving as well.

All o' us...they love to do the peace sign.

I painted all o' their nails...they loved it.

Silly picture...I love this.

Japan & Johnny.

Silly picture o' the group!
A nice picture o' the group.

This picture was for Johnny...he's so silly!


Peace Out...Japan! (:

It was a fabuluos time to see all the kids one last time. I will definitely miss them and it was great to be a part o' their lives. As they said goodbye, both the girls cried. When they started crying, Yusaku started laughing. In their culture, when someone is crying, everyone else starts to laugh. This is supposed to make them feel better and not cry so much. It was a great time, I will definitely miss them all. It was very nice to get to know them and learn about their family, them, and their culture.

THE END!!

No comments:

Post a Comment