Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day 4

IV Issues.

My night was much better last night. The sleeping pills definitely helped. Today my problem is my IV. It infiltrated in my hand, so they had to put a new one in. B/c I'm dehydrated and my veins are small to begin with, it's very difficult for them to put the IV in. Then they are putting strong antibiotics in the veins which is hard on the veins as well. Here are some picture from my IV problems.

Can you see my swollen elbow?

The fishnet was tight for my swollen arm.

Isn't it Nice *growl/purring sound*?



/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

A Special Surprise

Right after they brought me lunch, they also brought me a special surprise. A cartoon balloon. When they gave it to me, they were laughing b/c I'm not only on the pediactric floor, I'm also getting a "pediatrically" decorated balloon. I guess somewhere on Altoona Hospital's webpage, there is a place where you can order gifts from the gift shop to have it sent to whoever you want. When I called to thank the Donnelly's, she said she had ordered a Mickey Mouse balloon. I love it either way. When Adam stopped by in the evening, he opened up the card and asked me, "Who is Dan, Jen and kids?" I told him he was reading it wrong, it was DAVE. But low and behold, the card reads Dan...check it out!

The lovely pediatric balloon.

The card is SUPPOSED to say: Dave, Jen, & the kids...not DAN!



/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\


A Quiet Evening with My Honey!
Don't tell the nurses, cause I'm supposed to be "isolated".

It was a long day. Can't believe I've been here for 4 days already. Boy, that went really fast. Although not having the internet all day today made it AWFUL! I talked to my nurse and she said that they couldn't connect to the internet anywhere on the 5th floor. So that's puzzleing. She was able to call down to the IT/Help Desk. They said they'd gotten some reports that the internet wasn't working. They indicated they would get right on it and figure out what needs to be done. Hopefully tomorrow a.m. it will be back to normal!

THE END!!!

2 comments:

  1. Jilly your blog is so cute! When and why did you start calling Adam - Ace? I'm sure there's a story behind it or something... I know how you love nicknames ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First o' all, our niece Hannah has two uncle Adam's, so Adam changed his name to ACE. The reason he chose Ace was b/c at work there is already another Adam there, so they call him Ace. And yes, I love nicknames!! (:

    ReplyDelete