Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Friday, May 20, 2011

(4.21) Race for Education

Calvary Christian Academy
@ Detwiller Field

Every year, Calvary Christian Academy (my all-ma-mater) has a school wide race to raise money for the school. Each student has one hour to run as many laps around the track as they can run. Students send out letters to friends, family, etc... to be a sponsor or to just donate a flat rate. Haha...hope that was understandable. Joyce, my babysitter, has two lovely girls that go to CCA so she thought it'd be good for me to get out o' the house. I personally thought it'd be great to get the stink blown off o' me!! It was a particularly cool day, so I had to be sure to dress warm!!
Warm soccer socks were a HUGE plus!

Dressing the surgical site...it has to be warm too!

Ready to get the stink blown off me!!!

Earl was at the race too...he was dressed super warm!

Was watching some cute li'l kid playing ball...


When each student run laps around the track, they get a rubber band to put around their wrist for each lap that they have completed. At the end o' the race they count up their rubber bands.
A mother counting the "laps" ran.


After Becca ran her race, she dumped water all over her shirt...what a nut case!! She did really good on running on her laps. I'm pretty sure she ran 16 laps!!
She wouldn't smile for a good picture.

My buddy, Weston!!

Breanna taking a li'l break!

My dear sweet sister, Ashley!!


My best buddy ol' pal, Elise!

Gotta have a silly picture, duh!

Everybody praying before they run their laps.

More praying...

The organizer...TERRY SNARE!


Everybody did a great job, and they were able to raise lots o' money! Ashley burnt her face really bad, so bad that they formed blisters. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures o' her face for my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment