Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Sunday, May 8, 2011

4.11--Lots o' Friends (Week II)

Crazy Week II
April 11-16, 2011.

Because last week MO was able to come down and stay with me to help me all week long, all good things have to drawl to a close. MO had to go back to Massachusetts...boo!! It was so nice to have so many friends jump in and help Ace and I out, which brings us to my first story:

(1) The Cupcake Story...
Ace works at YBC in the back dealing with contractors. Just this past January, one o' those contractors had a job across the street from our house. So on one particularly snowy winter day, we noticed that they were all working hard. We just happened to be craving chocolate chip cookies. When the first batch finished baking, we brought them over to the boys. Their faces lit up as they sawl the steam rising from a nice tall cup o' Hot Chocolate. My favorite is doing the things that are unexpected...This brings us to the 2nd week in April when that same contractor brought in some fresh chocolate peanut butter cupcakes that his wife had made for Ace.
As you can see there was well over a dozen o' them!


(2) Dear, Sweet Essie...
Essie Phares is not only incredibly sweet and sacrificial, but also extremely hilarious. I mean to tell you, this girl has got such a super-awesome sense o' humor...and boy she is quick witted. She has a wonderful hubby and three lovely children...which she left them fend for themselves so she could help me out one evening! (: Actually, truth be told, her thoughtful hubby told her he would watch their three children plus 4 more children that were going to be there.
How sweet is she?

Sweet enough to bring a gorgeous flower!!

Still eating MO's amazing BBQ Chicken!!

For those that have wondered...Ace is a great cook!!

(3) Another amazing friend that I have really enjoyed getting to know her and her wonderful family is Joyce Brubaker! This woman is wise beyond her years, and one o' my doctor's thought she was my mother (because she was wise). Another one o' my doctor's asked if she was my sister (because she looked so young)!! (: She lives 20-25 minutes from our house...it could be 15, just depends on who is driving! Despite the rising price in gas, she was still willing to drive in to help me out.
What a fantastic friend!!

She's wicked-crazy-silly too!!


We do look like we are related?


We are soo stinkin' cute, don't you think?

Joyce brought me some o' her beautiful tulips! (:

What a fun babysitter she is!!

Because my foot was losing muscle strength, it kept dropping and rotating inward which cause a great deal o' pain. To prevent this from happening, hospitals will sometime use a padding and velcro like this--


Here is JOYCE'S version...
She took a pillow and tied a shoe string around it. It seemed to do the trick. Now I won't have foot-drop!

Breakfast...apples with peanut butter and scrambled eggs.

Adam's lunch...PB&J!!


Papa & Mama stopped by...

The greatest part o' this picture?
--Dad putting his hand up while on crutches.
...or...
--Adam using a laundry basket for a seat.


<> <> <>
A Visit from the Brubaker Family!
<> <> <>

Aren't Rachel & Becca just darling?


Gotta have a silly Jilly Willy picture...

Just look at these gorgeous smiles.

Becca captures Brian "striking a pose" and a ghost!!

I really like this picture Rachel!

Haha...I missed the, "this is a silly picture!" memo!


What happens when I brush my teeth...
In case you didn't get that quote, here is the explanation--In the time it takes me to brush my teeth and get back into bed...this is what it would look like.



<> <> <>
A Lovely, Scenic Drive
<> <> <>

After Physical Therapy one o' the afternoons, we had 15-20 minutes to kill before we had to pick the girls up from school. Joyce, her sister Jessica, and I all drove up Stone Creek Ridge to see Pap's house. We were almost to the tippy top o' the road, when we sawl what looked like garbage in the middle o' the road. As we got closer to the trash site we realized what we were really looking at...
...do you have any idea what all this trash is...




?


?


?


?


?


?


?


?


?


?


Did you make a guess?


?


?


?


?


?


?


?


?


?


?


?


?


?


?


?


?


?


?


?


?

The Answer--
Dirty Diapers!!


Joyce's Sister, Jessica and Me!! (:

See, we did pick tulips from Pap's House!
They brighten my day!
This really makes me miss my Pap & Gram! ):


<> <> <>

I look like a Little Person!!


All ready for the day!


Remember the first story in this post?
This was how many cupcakes were left after Ace had a "snack"!!


<> <> <>

After babysitting me all day, Joyce ended up making supper for everyone.

On the Menu--

Beef & Noodle Casserole

Salad

...and for dessert...

Strawberry cheesecake...MMMmmm...

...and a special dessert from Joyce just for Ace...

This will last only a day.


First time eating at the table after surgery!


Of course, Rachel was excited!!

We had such a wild and crazy week...sorry this post is so crazy!

Thanks to everyone's help!! (: Love you!

THE END!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment