Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2.5--Chinese Spring Festival

Happy New Year, CHINA!

It's been great to have some culture to our same ol', same ol' American lives. After having Chinese children we have learned some very interesting things...like there is no Christmas in China...there is also no New Years! Actually, I take that back, the new year is based on the moon, not January 1st!! So February 5th was when we were able to celebrate the Chinese New Year with our daughters!! My camera died, so I didn't get many pictures.

Program...li'l blurry.



All o' us bringing in the Chinese New Year!


Wishing A Happy New Year in Chinese!


A group o' boys did a dance, it was probably my favorite.
Backstreet Boys?


Because there is no Christmas, no presents; however, there are a lot o' Chinese traditions. One o' the Chinese traditions is that parents and grandparents will fill a red envelope with lots o' money! So at each o' our tables there was a red envelope with a paper with a number written on it. Whoever got #1 got to go first to eat...
Ah...yes...we were #17 out o' 20!!


Our tickets...YEAH!!



I just thought this looked cool...


Some fancy music while we ate...


My plate...lots o' food to try!!


Ace's plate...


A beautiful piano piece...


She did a great job.



This boy sang a popular Chinese song.


I thought he did a great job!
...but I didn't know the words, or the tune!



At the end o' his song, a few girls ran up to him and put garland around his neck to congratulate him for doing such a great job singing.
What a wonderful job!

And then my camera died, and I wasn't able to get anymore pictures. Boo...I didn't even get a picture o' us with my daughters...it's so sad! Maybe next Chinese New Year, yeah? We had a great time, it was fun trying all the different foods, and the performances were fantastical!
THE END!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment