Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Thursday, February 3, 2011

2.3...Altoona Hospital (Thurs)

After finding out that no one was planning on coming up to visit me, I felt a li'l neglected. Adam was going to come up, but he told me, he'd rather work on cleaning the house tonight so when I come home tomorrow, the house will be clean and I can RELAX! You can't argue with that! Then my phone rang around 4:00 p.m., it was the Donnelly family. They had practice up in Altoona and wanted to stop by for a visit! YAY!! VISITORS!! When they came I told them that I barely took any pictures because either nobody has come to visit me or I was in too much pain to take a picture, Jen made sure I had plenty o' pictures.

Kara, Katrina, Kelsey, Me, David

Haha...don't think we were ready for this one.

On Tuesday night, I got a roomie--Jean. She came to the hospital because she was having trouble breathing. I took one look at her and immediately thought o' Mrs. Weldon. I'd watched Mrs. Weldon all through middle school and high school. She was 90 when I first started watching her and she lived to be 97 (I think). I'd get to her house around 9:00 p.m., lock her door, check to make sure her phone wasn't off the hook, check the basement for bugs/water, help her take her medicine, take the garbage out, help her get ready for bed, put her hair net on, paint her finger nails if she needed it done or clip off any hangnails or anything, then I'd check the toilet, brush my teeth and go to bed! Every night that's what my evening consisted o' for those 7 years! Sorry to get side tracked there for a minute, but back to the original story...GENE! Gene reminded me o' Mrs. Weldon. The way her false teeth clicked together when she talked, the way she can't hear her loudly, ringing phone when it's laying not even an arm's length away, and the way we get along and I'm always having to do everything for her and helping her out. She's so sweet! Couldn't have asked for a better roomie! (:

My Roomie--Jean!

Me & Jen...Thanks Jen...this was SO sweet!

Jen's silly face...

My silly face...

Me and Kara's silly face...

Me and Kelsey...our silly faces.

David proposing to me!

He was really nervous to ask me...

He got on one knee...I was SHOCKED!

Eh...kinda blurry!!

Haha...Kelsey had just fallen...


There...now THIS is a silly picture!!


*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*
I got a brand new BOYFRIEND!!

I needed to blow some stink off myself. So, after they gave me my pain shot, I unplugged my IV pole, and away I walked. They wanted me to try to get up and get moving. As I began walking around the hall, I passed an elderly gentle man in navy blue sweat suit. I came around the next turn and behold there he was walking towards me again. As we passed each other, he slowed down as if he waned to engage in a conversation with me.

He asked, "Hey, they making you walk too?"

I chucked, "Yes."


He then proceeded to ask me if I was interested in walking a few laps together. I excitedly agreed, for if there is something I hate, it's being by myself! We began walking and talking, I learned his name was Gene, which just happens to be my gram's name, and also the name o' my roomie here in the hospital.

As we started walking closer to passing his room, a nurse came walking out and yelled, "Look out! The Hellion is getting up out o' his bed!! I turned to Gene with a quizzical look. Gene told me that "the Hellion" was his roommate. Through the open door I sawl a very tall, skinny old man. His white, bushy beard looked like he had lost his razor for a couple month. He moved rather quickly towards us as he pushed his squeaky wheeled oxygen tank. When he caught up with us he gave a toothless smile and said, "Hey pretty lady, can I have the honor o' walking through the halls with you?" I was flattered so I said, "O' course you can!" Our walk continued as we were quite the sight to behold--Two old, hairy men walking with some cute li'l girl. The nurses were laughing at us. Well, after a couple more laps, I told the boys I better get back to my room, my legs were getting tired. So the two old med, who felt like they were young again, walked me to my door and asked if they could walk with me tomorrow. How could I resist these sweet old men!

After I got settled back in my bed, one o' the nurses came into my room and told me, "We have been trying to get "the Hellion" to get out o' bed and walk for the past couple days with no success. You walk by his room twice and he is running out o' his room. Girl, if we would've known that was all it took to get him out o' bed, we'd have made you been walking days ago!" Haha...it was so cute and really just made me giggle. I had really needed that laugh!


My BF--Gene.

He wanted to be about 60 years younger!
Oh what a funny funny story! Thanks Jen, Kara, Kelsey, David, Katrina for stopping by to visit me. It was so much fun! Thanks for doing a mini photo shoot with me so I had a few pictures.

THE END!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment