Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

8.3--Raystown, Cliff Jumping

August 3, 2010.

The Brubakers went to Raystown Lake to go camping for the week. One o' the days, they came and picked me up and took me out to the site. When Ace got off work, he was to drive out to meet us and enjoy a wonderful evening together. So in the afternoon, guess who should come and pick me up?

Holly, drove me back.


When we arrived at the campground, Rachel ran over to the truck and showed us what they had found in their travels around the camp--a turtle. Now, you can't see very well in this picture, but if you look REALLY close, the turtle was a BRIGHT orange. The girls brought the turtle back and put it in a cooler, they also named him Cheeto because o' it being so orange.

A Pet Turtle, Named Cheeto.



The perfect chair for me! (:



The picture o' Becca I drew with sidewalk chalk.



Becca drew me...apparently, I have no arms or legs!
But I do have a really cool shirt that says, "You go Girl!"
Expect I'm dyslexic and it says Grill...it means Girl though!



Ace had to work later, so he drove out separately. To be sure that he knew where we were, we mapped out his way in sidewalk chalk on the road. I told him we were the place that had me and Becca on the road and it said, "Stop Here"!!

So here we were!!



We even drew on the tree!


The Lucious, Juicy, Home-Grown Watermelon.



Eating it was TORTURE...as you can see! (:

...but we suffered through it.


Rachel's silly face.


My favorite picture o' all time. Isn't it so cute?

Wait? A Watermelon for a MOUTH?


Becca LOVES Watermelon, can you tell?


Rachel has a watermelon rind mouthpiece!

Brian arrived later too, and he didn't even get a chance to eat. Well, I take it back, he DID get to eat, he just didn't get much and had to eat on the go. Joyce got some corn on the cob for him to eat, and we all got on the boat, and we were off to the cliffs for some cliff jumping!!

Eating on the Go--Poor Brian!!


Us on the way over to the cliffs.


Rachel and Joyce! LOVE IT!


The Back o' the boat--Joyce's Family!


Silly picture o' Rachel and Joyce!



Silly Me & Becca.

I'm teaching her good habits, Joyce!


Yeah for jumping off the cliffs.


Making a big splash.


They were scary!!


The kids loved jumping...they all gave me heart attacks, and I'm not even a mother. The one li'l boy kept running like he was going to jump off, then stutter-step his feet and stop right at the edge. He did that EVERY time he went to jump. It was SO scary. He looked like he was going to slip. There was a story circulating around the beach that some girl had done that very thing (started to jump, but changed her mind) and fell on the rocks below. Story goes she got hurt very badly. Now, I know people have gotten hurt and there are stories to that nature, but I wasn't a HUGE fan o' the li'l kids doing it. It's fine if you want to jump off if you are like 14 and older. But the kids just scared me! Now, all that said, I really enjoyed watching them, except for the scaring me part, it was fun!

Can you see them jumping in?


Alas, it was time to go home.



Us...it was getting a li'l chilly.


Joyce and Brian...so cute!

The lovely camp fire....


Isn't it sweet!?
The day was over and we had enjoyed wonderful time with friends (and our friends' family). We really had a blast with the Brian, Joyce, and the girls. Thanks for letting us crash with your family reunion. Ahh...good times. Gotta love all the stories (hehe) and the drinking o' the coffee. YAY!! Thanks Again, Brian and Joyce! (:

THE END!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment