Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Monday, January 31, 2011

1.27-31...Altoona Hospital (Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun)

On January 20th, I had a doctor's appointment. The PA, Rich determined that I was having a flair. Instead o' admitting me in the hospital, we decided to try taking prednisone (steroids) by mouth to see if that would help. I took the medication faithfully, and returned to the office after a week. Dr. McKibbin was to decide if we were going to increase the prednisone, decrease the prednisone, or get admitted with IV prednisone. Obviously, he decided on admitting me. After getting to the hospital, I was NPO, which means I couldn't have ANYTHING to eat or drink. He hoped that the IV steroids would absorb faster then if taken by mouth, he also wanted my bowels to rest completely for a couple o' days.

My honey, beside me every step o' the way.


Jasmine told me, "You're too cute to be sick!"


Yogi...we worked together at prison.


Kylie stopped by to visit.

She painted my nails to cheer me up!
Have I mentioned, I love polka dots?


Finished product...what do you think?




First time painting French Tip.


This is my sad face...


Finally ALL done. YEAH!


Thanks Kylie!


Screaming cause I kept smearing them!


During one o' my hospitalizations about 3 years ago, I met a nurse named Lindsay. We were meant to be friends. The next 17 days, Lindsay took care o' me, got me broth, made my bed, talked and giggled together, and exchanged cell phone numbers. I'd like to think I helped her preparing for nursing school, cause she quit working at the hospital and went back to school to be a RN. Since then, we've been texting buddies (a week hardly passes in which we don't text each other at least one time) and hospitalization buddies (every time I'm in the hospital, Lindsay comes to visit me).
Lindsay & Me.


We're matching!!


Us with Adam
...
he is the thorn, we're the roses!


At this particular visit, I got to meet Lindsay's Mother. Since an apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I should have known her mother was going to be amazing. It was so great to finally meet her.
Lindsay's sweet, sweet mother!


Mother/Daughter...


Thanks for the visit, girls!


So after the visitor's left, Adam crawled into my hospital bed, I laid my head on his shoulder. Later, I fell asleep and my head rolled off his shoulder and down to his chest. A li'l bit later, I woke up, only to find I'd left a BIG slobber spot on his sweatshirt! Haha...poor guy!
Funny Story...


Dr. Ryan...he's my new favorite!

I thought this picture was hilarious b/c I look like a ghost. Also, heads up if anybody asks Adam to take a picture, he does this thing where he takes a picture while everyone is getting situated, so it catches everybody off guard. This one wasn't too bad, he only was able to catch Jill!

The Thompson Family stopped by.


Now we were ready for this picture!


Kara & Kate...how cute are they?


Look...a JILL picture!! (:


Wonderful Nurse, Cornelia!




BLAAA....


My Candy Bucket...YUMMY!!



So I am not allowed to eat or drink anything, they want my belly to rest completely. To keep my mouth from getting too dry and cotton mouthed, they gave me the "Super Special Stick Sponge". I told Adam that it reminded me o' when Jesus was on the cross and they dipped a sponge in vinegar and fed it to him...except mine wasn't dipped in vinegar. So this was the only liquid I was allowed to have.
Super Special Sponge.



My IV with fishnet stocking thing...



THE END!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment