Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

UPMC--Pancreatitis/Abcess.

UPMC--Monetfiore (10 West, Room 38)

On Saturday (May 1) at 6 a.m., I woke up from my sleep and began vomiting. It continued every hour like clock work and I couldn't eat a thing. Even sips o' water made me sick and made me york everywhere. Ace and I sat on the porch trying to get some sun and I even yorked into my neighbor's flowers...whoops. What are you going to do, right? So Saturday evening I couldn't take it any longer and I went to the J.C. Blair ER. They did some tests but concluded it was probably a stomach virus due to some o' the blood work. I was dehydrated, but they couldn't get an IV in me, so they just told me to leave. As I was leaving I was still vomiting. The medicine they gave me didn't really help...at all!!

Saturday (May 2) began the same way. At 6 a.m., I was grabbing for my york bowl and it was every hour again. By this time my stomach from my surgery was all wrenched and killing me. I tried to tough it out and made it thru the day, even though it was really rough. Ace did such a wonderful job taking care o' me and cleaning out my yorking bowl and cleaning me up. What a great husband I have!! (:

Monday, Ace went to work at 6:45. I was up again yorking all morning. Because this whole ordeal was diagnosed as a "stomach virus", I didn't want to get anyone else sick, so I asked Johnny to babysit me. (: He did a wonderful job. By 9 a.m., I called my PCP (Dr. Buza), who told me to go to the ER. Johnny took me to the ER. I was in pain, throwing up and it took FOREVER to get seen. We arrived at the ER at 9:45 a.m., the doctor came in to see me at 1:30 p.m.!! They were scared with everything that was going on, so Dr. Roth sent me to Pitt by Ambulance. I arrived Monday evening at 10 p.m.!

Tuesday, I was sick and throwing up. The labwork wasn't good either. My pancreatic enzymes and liver enzymes were elevated. I spent the day curled up in the bed feeling nauseous. They gave me morphine for the pain; however, 20 seconds after administering the morphine I started to york instantly! The morhpine didn't touch the pain I was in. They changed my dose from morhphine to diladid on Wednesday. Heidi has been here Tuesday and Wednesday and was able to help me out. Ace couldn't take off work this week, and Mama had to teach this week. Tuesday evening, Heidi helped me take a shower and wash my hair. (I should have asked her to braid my hair like last time in the hospital...Haha...)

Wednesday, I only threw up at 9 a.m. The doctor's came in and said they felt I had a severe case o' pancreatitis with a possible abcess. They are both treated the same way--fluids to keep me hydrated, pain medicine, and nausea medicine. Also Today I was able to go outside for lunch. Heidi packed her lunch o' egg salad sandwhich and I had a popsicle. We walked out to the garden and it was a lovely day. I took some pictures and got some sun!! (:

Here are the pictures:

The Lovely Garden.


Me and my buddy--IV!


Enjoying the sun!!


Gorgeous Day!


I fed the birds some o' Heidi's chips! (:

My pet bird eating Heidi's chips! (:
This cheered me up A LOT!



The sun cheered me up! (:


FEET PICTURE!! (:

Heidi updating everybody! (:



See my lovely tan lines?! (:



So the final verdict is I'm getting better. They feel that it is pancreatitis, with a possible abscess or bowel obstruction. I'm so thankful for Heidi who has been here with me and really helped me since Ace and Mama couldn't be here! So that's the end. Things are looking better! (: YEAH!!


THE END !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment