Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Sunday, July 7, 2013

ARHS...Hospital Stay

Day #1
June 28, 2013
 After meeting with my GI doctor, he felt a hospital stay would be necessary to diagnosis what was causing all the stomach pain.  I was happy to know that I was finally going to get some answers.
YAY!!!  Let's figure out what's going on...


There are no pictures, but day one consisted of a buttload of tests--

Test number one was an ultrasound of the gallbladder and right kidneys.


Test number two was a HITA scan of the gallbladder.


Last but certainly not least was a MRE of the intestines.





Day #2
June 29, 2013
 First thing's first, some lab work.

...lab work at 5:00 a.m...

This is NOT my elbow, this is a boo-boo!!!



A different angle of the big old bruise...




See? It's super swollen and sore.



Starting to bruise already...



The nurses gave me some ice to help...


It looks like a broke my elbow...
This is the top of my straight arm, elbow in on the bottom...




Meet My Roomie, Jane!!

Jane had been in the hospital for 6 days after suffering a near death experience.  Like any person with an extended hospital stay, she was dying to go home.  She was quite the social butterfly due to the number of visitors that stopped over and the number of phone calls she received (her phone was literally ringing off the wall).  Pretty sure that Jane didn't know how to use her inside voice!  She was quite a spit-fire!  She was telling me all sorts of crazy stories and she cracked me up.

Here is my roomie, Jane!
 



Just as we were getting ready to take this picture, Jane started cussing out the hospital.  
As you can see it caught me off guard.



There we go, much better...



Mama and her Middle Kid-lets.



Gotta have silly face picture.



My other sister (soon to be)...WAHOO!!!



 Megan Spidle makes me so proud!!!  She is a sweetheart and it's exciting to see her all grown up and working as a nurse here at the hospital.  Megan was one of my first gymnasts I began coaching at Hollidaysburg YMCA Gymnastics!  Can't believe she's all grown up and working as an RN!!  She is an a beautiful young lady inside and out!!!  Very proud of you, Sugar Muffin!!  Miss you tons!
Too bad I have to be in the hospital to see her!!
i



 Silly faces for me!!!



SOOO excited to see my sweet Megan!!


My support system getting ready to leave me after a long day...



Day #3
June 30, 2013
The next day...some visitors stopped by...
SMILEEE....



Surprised Faces...



SCAREY Faces...




Sweet Liz


Yes, even Liz did a silly face picture for me.


Rosie Rock's My Socks!!!!


Some scarey biker chick!!



Uncle Chuck and Aunt Tam went for a relaxing ride on their new motorcycle.  It was so nice to visit with family.  I sure do love my family!!  Two hours after they left we got a phone call reporting that they were just finally arriving home!!  Chuck said it DUMPED on them so they had to hide out at an underpass and wait out the storm.
Thanks for braving the weather, you guys!!  Love you!!



Day #4
July 1, 2013

My friend, Jasmine was up in Altoona and decided to stop to visit me and cheer me up. 

Look at them...how could this not cheer you up?


 My silly face with my new buddy!!


 Our CHEESE face!!!!!!



Finally the good  great news came....
Jane gets to go home!!!!  YAY!!!!




Next I got an unexpected surprise....

?

?

...a visit from my brother...


"Hey Jesse, is that a nose hair?"
--Not anymore!!!




Our sick faces...


Jesse trying to make me look cool...



Don't we look pimpin'??
Thanks so much Jesse for taking an hour or two out of your evening to visit your sick sista!!  You have no idea how exciting it was to see you.  Also, thanks for drawing my "Jill's Room" sign!!!



Documenting the coloration of my wicked-awesome bruise.



It's so hard to believe that my sweet, li'l gymnast Megan is all grown up.  I had the opportunity to coach her in gymnastics for a few years before she left to go to IUP.  My eyes blinked a few times and blaamo Megan now works at Altoona Regional Health System as a nurse.  Megan, the thoughtful girl she is, stopped by right after her shift to give me a quick hug!! 

 I flippin' love this girl!!



Day #5
July 2, 2013
On Monday, there was a student nurse that helped take care of me.  She was very sweet and understanding.  She was able to help me with whatever I needed help with.  Hopefully, she will be able to complete her schooling and become an excellent nurse!!  Good Luck, Tina!! (:
This is my student nurse, Tina!!!


Janna came to visit me...


She picked me some pretty flowers!! (:


Me and sweet Nat!! (:



Thanks Amy for being a life saver!!  MUAH!!



The whole gang came up!!!  What a pick-me-up!!



By far my favorite nurse Jennifer!!! 





Day #6
July 2, 2013

I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have such wonderful and caring people to stop by to cheer me up and visit me.  There isn't enough world wide web space for me to put everyone's name up on my blog!!!  People taking time out of their day to put a smile on my face means the world!

After a bad day, Grandma Jeannie stopped by for a visit!



Giving her a special token so she could get out of the hospital!



She brought me a basket of flowers!!



Teaching Grandma Jeannie how to make "Silly Jill Faces"!!


My blog wouldn't be complete without some pictures of some bruises...

 This particular bruise from a blood draw!!



Isn't it pretty with lots of different colors...



It didn't hurt too bad, just looked really bad.


Bruises from the heparin shots...




These ones...self inflicted.




Trying to take my mind off the belly pain....



My good buddy T stopped by to cheer me up...


Tiara making my sign language sign for her!



Silly faces...



Feet picture...



EYE flippin' love this girl!! (:



 Trying on pretty blue gloves..


Medication?



Yes, I took my medication!! (:



She made sure to chart it on my chart.


SMILE....




Funny teeth picture...



Thanks for cheering me up, T!!!! (:



Signing my guest book...



My "ready to go home" face!!!



My Besty.......BJ!!



Thanks for her sweet spirit and availability to stop.



She loves silly pictures...duh!!!



....so does Nate!! (:



Nate was already in Altoona to take his driver's test...he failed.

But it all worked out because he got to come visit me.



All of us...ready to go home!!



They were just in time to take me home from the hospital....
....saving Adam or my mom an extra trip.... PTL!!!! 



This was the end of my hospital visit.  They sent me home so I could see the pretty fireworks!  How thoughtful of them, right?  There will be more doctor's appointments in the future to see what direction we need to go with all this.  Will keep you posted.  Sorry for being so behind on my posting...really working on catching up with all my posting!! (:

Thanks for all your love and prayers!!

It means A TON!!!

MUAH!!!

THE   END!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment