Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Thursday, January 5, 2012

12.16--ARHS

Crohn's Flair

While lounging in my hospital bed, I was watching TV...and who should appear on the TV, but my semi-famous cousin, Dylan!! (:

Oh MY!! I know him!! (:

My crazy roommate's boots!!

Kara stopped by to visit me...


Adam took this picture...he loves improve..


Isn't she sweet?


Obviously something was funny...



My lips were really chapped and hurting!


Entertaining myself with pictures...

Some IV bruises...

They brought me food...but I couldn't eat.

Here it goes...admitted!!


Some more bruises on my hand...

They had a bit o' trouble getting my blood.


I'm pretending to drink my jello...



My dear friend, Lindsay was my nurse about 5 years ago.

She quit work and went back to school to become an RN.

Yet, every time I come to the hospital, she stops to visit me!

Isn't she the greatest friend ever?!?


NEXT we did a li'l photo shoot...

Here it goes...

Hair down... glasses on...


Hair down... NO glasses...

Glasses on...hair up...

Thanks for stopping by my dear, friend, Lindsay!!


MY CRAZY FAMILY...

...yup, we are related...

Although, sometimes, they don't claim me...



My poor arm..


...yeah...it was a bit tender and sore...


My lips got chapped really bad...

I got a present...an cute li'l angel...


...another angel...


Two cute li'l ornaments from Barb Grove...


I guess this means...I'm an angel?



ANOTHER gift..



Here you can see how cute he is...


When the lights are out it turns different colors...


...for instance...


RED...


GREEN...
BLUE...

PURPLE-ISH...

What a sweet gift from my new buddy, Denny.

Thanks, Denny!!



The Next Day...

Some visitors stopped by...



John and Ruth!



It really made my day! I was so happy to have some visitors.

So...naturally, we had to take some pictures...

Whoops...cut Ruth out...

Ah...much better...

Did you know that I like to take Silly Face Pictures?

We're so silly!!


Thanks guys for stopping by!!

This is our face totem poll...



Later that evening, I had more visitors that stopped by...

Mike and Molly...

So here is the story behind Molly...

At one o' the White Elephant College and Career Christmas Parties, I brought this really old baby doll. Anyway, Mike got it and took it home. His mother bathed the girl, dressed her up, put on some booties, even bought her a cute li'l necklace.

It was soo sweet!!

Here we are...


Mike said I could keep Molly with me for company, but I told him, there were lots o' germs
around the hospital and I didn't want her to get sick.


So we said our goodbyes...

"Bye Jill!", said Molly.


NEXT...

I talked to my honey...I missed him!

Still not feeling good...blaaa...

My sad face...sick, alone, hurting...boo...

I'm starting to not feel so well...

Spiked a fever...and my face swelled up.



The next morning...


Denny brought me another gift...

An angel holding my birthstone...


This is what it looks like in the dark...

Isn't it lovely?


Denny sure is super sweet!! (:



...the next morning...


They took blood at 5 a.m. every morning.

Becky was really good...I liked her!

My goal...WIN THE LOTTO!! Good goal!

I had an ulcer in my mouth...
(Don't I look like a vampire?)

Another Nurse o' mine..


Another power surge coming on...

Face all red, hot, and flushed...ugh...


Mama makes everything better...


Rich, my doctor...he is the GREATEST!!

I'm not lying, he flippin' rocks!!


Rich said that if I could eat something he'd let me go home!



I called my honey to tell him the "good news"!



Then they brought me some cream o' wheat (COW)!



Here it goes...

I want to go home REALLY badly!

Yummy...Yummy...COW...


YAY!! My Happy-To-Go-Home Face!

YAY!! I'll be home for Christmas!!

I actually forget what this was...

The tape ripped all my arm hair off!!


So...I always have the most interesting roommates o' all time! This time, her name was Linda. She was so silly. She was discharged to go home and was trying to get in contact with her "boyfriend".

She called him and began yelling on the phone for him to listen to her. It sounded like he'd put the phone down....all the while she was calling *ahem* SCREAMING his name..."Denny....DENNY!!! Why don't you answer me!!! I hear you talking to someone!!"

Needless to say she never got to speak to him.

Someone else came to pick her up!! She was pretty upset about the whole situation. Poor girl, just wanted to go home!!

My Roommate...Linda



My Nurse's Aide, Holli...



My surgeon, Dr. Black.
...He opened my stricture...


He said a patient's never asked for a picture!

My nurse, Ashley, isn't she cute?



Haha...this picture makes me laugh...

...Nurse Amy is soo funny...

...and I'm the one that gets the pain shot...


There we go...Much Better!

Nurse Cindy...I love this girl...for real!!


She was happy I was leaving, but said she'd miss me.

...Goodbye Hugs...

Nurse Cindy, helped take care o' me too...


Robin, Nurse's Aide.
Haha...our serious faces!


I thought this was a silly face picture...

Ah...here's the silly face picture...

Oh...silly Nurse Nancy...

Nancy and Robin together...what a hoot!


About 5 years ago during one o' my hospital stays, I had a nurse that told me if I wanted my pain shot, I had to drink my boost, eat some food, or take a walk. So needless to say, I called her, Nancy the Nazi Nurse. I also wrote her a card, which she keeps in her locker at work to this day. I didn't really believe her, so she went and showed it to me...


...low and behold...it was true!!
Here's the card...

The inside o' the card...

Here's my joke part...

Yup...I made this card 5 years ago...


This is Nancy the Nazi Nurse.


My Present for my Nurse Amy...

I had saved all the pill cups I'd gotten...

...because she would always forget the li'l cups...

She LOVED her present as you can see.

One day I sawl my friend, Rusti who works at the prison with me, walking down the hall o' the hospital. This was very puzzling to me.

Her daughter had swallowed a pin...

I don't know why, she swallowed that pin...

...Poor thing...

I went down to visit her and tell her...goodbye!

...and giver her a cheer balloon...


The end...I then went home!!

YAY!! HOME!!!

To pack up and leave for Ohio at 5:00 a.m. on Christmas Eve!!

THE END!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment