Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

8.29--Zip Line

Raystown Zip Lines

Adam and I opened our home to two girls who were going to Juniata College. We had two lovely girls, Shan (like Shawn) who is from China and Aya (pronounced- I-ya like what you say when you kick some one) from Japan. We fed them breakfast every morning and then we fed them supper a few times throughout the week that they were at our house. My parents (& Jesse) also housed a student from Japan named Makiko (Mah-kee-koe).

We tried to do a few "activities" and show them around Huntingdon, cause we have tons o' things to do around this place. One o' the things that we wanted to show was them was the Raystown Zip Lines. Jesse worked there so it was a great time to just have fun and watch Jesse work.

Jesse fixing my safety gear.




"OW, Jesse, that's too tight!"




Aya taking some pictures.




Shan is all ready to go.



All excited to go on the zip lines...
BEFORE Picture (notice we're smiling)





Doing a practice run.





Me...I ran off and jumped!





Jesse explaining things to Aya.





Makiki ready to go.





There she goes.




Shan is almost ready to go.
She was VERY nervous.




Pretty Picture...





Me, it kinda pinched a bit.





Jesse working...I know, I laugh too.





Here comes Aya...




Jesse and coworkers slowing Makiko to a stop.




That speck is my daughter, Shan.




The rope Jesse's holding slows them down to a stop.





Jesse helping "un-hook" Makiko.




Haha...this is great, they were trying to choke me!




Jesse, Shan, and Makiko.




YEAH...we made it!! (:




Shan, Aya, Makiko, Me, and Jesse.




Jesse's lovely spray job!

We had a wonderful time and just as we finished our runs, the sky got real dark and started to pour down rain as we headed to the car. Not before we were able to enjoy ourselves. If you haven't been out to the zip lines, you should go, it's so much fun, AND you get to see Jesse! We had a great time, well at least I did; hopefully the girls had a fun time.

THE END!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment