Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Trip to China.

As many o' you may remember, this past fall our home was open to two Juniata College students. Daniella, from Venezuela, and Nara, from China both stayed in our guest room. Well, Nara invited me to a Chinese Dinner they were having to celebrate the new year. It was really lots o' fun. Here are some o' the pictures that we took from the evening.



This is Vita & Nara grew up in the same city in China and also went to high school together. They both go to Juniata college and are great friends.

Vita, Me, Nara


Haha...right before the show.


Some o' the students involved.
?, Vita, Sophia, Nara, Cong, Kevin?, Fred?


Adam & I
Ready to eat some REAL Chinese Food.



The Menu...YUMMY!!


Cong did the technical stuff.
Loved the li'l kids looking over his shoulder.



Nunchuck Ninja.




My plate o' food.
(I liked & ate EVERYTHING, just so you know!)


Dianne, Me, Nara, and Sophia (the girl in charge).


Adam, Me, daughter Nara


This girl did a traditional Chinese dance.


She was flexible.


All the freshman sang a song.
It was such a wonderful time, we enjoyed all the songs, dances, nunchuck routine, food, and at our table we were able to sit with a sweet family. I didn't get any pictures o' them; however, they knew both my mom and dad and family. They were a very sweet Christian family, and also knew my Aunt Patty, so the conversation was not dull at our table. So that was really an awesome blessing. Also, the father, Frank works at the prison where I work. Haha...what a small world, right? When we went we were really worried we'd get stuck with people we didn't know and it just be really awkward, but the Lord worked it out so we were able to have a very comfortable dinner! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment