Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Friday, December 8, 2017

Spoonie Va-cay...(Part II)


Tuesday, November 28th
Spoonie Va-cay...(Part II)
[dilation, sigmoidoscopy, get well video]

Dilation Surgery Day

For this procedure, you can tell that it was a surgery day...I don't have any pictures for this day.  Haha...  When they called me from my room, we were oh so very ready. (Mainly, to get it over with and be done!)  

Flexible Sigmoidoscopy, Colonoscopy with Stricture Dilation

A flexible sigmoidoscopy is an exam used to evaluate the lower part of the large intestines.  There is a tiny video camera that allows the doctor to see inside the rectum and most of the sigmoid colon.  Since the sigmoidoscopy examines about the last 2 feet of the large intestines, Dr. Binion ordered a colonoscopy. 

 A colonoscopy examines the entire colon.  The difference between a sigmoidoscopy and a colonoscopy is the areas of the colon they can see.  

Dilation is the expanding or enlarging of a part of the body.  For the past couple years, I've had a stricture at the end of my large intestines.  It started with every year, the doctors would put me out and dilate the stricture (open the stricture). Now, when I say "open the stricture"...I literally mean that they physically rip the rectum open tearing the old scar tissue.  This has been going on for the past couple years, which has caused a lot of scar tissue.  It has gotten to the point where they will do the dilation and one months later...another dilation.  After today's dilation, the doctors and surgeon both agreed that this needed a more aggressive treatment--a colostomy.

Sigmoidoscopy vs. Colonoscopy

 

It's GO Time...


My "Get Well Wishes" Video... ~The Misitano Twins
Special shout out to Alex, Tori, Maggie, Nia, and Kristin!
Miss and Love you all!! (:

After the procedure, I was taken back up to my room.  My bum bum was super hurting and my belly was distended.  It was such a painfully intense surgery.  Next thing to do--wait!!

Hurry up and WAIT!

 

I can't express how much it means to have so many people praying for both me and Adam.  It has been such an encouragement to read through all the posts on Facebook.  Often times I'm not feeling well enough to respond or it may take me a while to get to read them. Know that it will get read...eventually!!  Again, Thanks!!!!

The END!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment