Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Sunday, January 3, 2010

UPMC (12.27.09-12.30.09)

UPMC

Here is the latest and greatst update as o' December. I spent 3 days down at UPMC meeting with the surgeon there to try to figure out what our next step should be. As o' August, I have been experiencing extreme pain and various other problems. After meeting with my GI doctor, getting an MRI, CT scan, and nurmersou other tests, the doctor concluded that I had a fistula. A fistula is an abnormal connection or assageway between 2 organs or vessels. In lay-men's terms...due to the friction between my organs (intestines & uterus), it had created a hole in my intestines and my uterus.

Monday, after meeting with my surgeon (Dr. Wolfgang Schraut), he advised me that he would be running a series o' tests to figure out where the fistula was located exactly. Yippy-Ky-I-Yay! I had to be at the office at 5 a.m. bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to go! (:



The weather was TERRIBLY snowing.
We sawl 3 accidents w/in 1 mile.
...but we finally made it to UPMC.
Here is my surgeon: Dr. Schraut.



PROCEDURE TIME . . .
After trying numerous times to get an IV started, they called the anesthesiologist to come take a look. Where do you think he found a good vein? Yeah...my flippin' foot!! Let me just tell you that it hurt EXTREMELY bad, but I'm glad they were able to get it in! Here it is! Aren't my nails lovely?
IV in my foot...can you say, OUCH?!

Taking me down for the procedures.
(That guys name is ROB!)


Getting ready to go into the OR.
(I was in pain & nervous.)


My Nurses when I woke up:


Nurse Mary Anne.
(I do have a gown on!)

Nurse Tara.
(See...can you see my gown?)

THE END!!

No comments:

Post a Comment