Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

2.15--Supper

Taco Casserole

I'm very organized when it comes to meals and our groceries...why are groceries so expensive!? Anyway, I make a menu for two week, cross check it with what we have in our cabinets/fridge, then make a grocery list off o' that. Then we go to the grocery and we buy only what's on the list. So...I was in a rut as far as making the same things over and over again. I'm soo scared to try new recipes...but was willing to venture out to try this recipe. Ace has been asking for tacos for a while now, so this seemed like a really easy recipe. It was very good. Ace gave it an 8 out o' 10, so not bad for a new recipe! (:

A li'l toasty, but still looks good!

Here is the recipe:
(I'm not very good at following it to a "t"...I tend to change it to my own personal taste and to what I have in my cabinet/what is the cheapest!!)

INGREDIENTS:

2 pounds ground meat
1 can o’ Italian diced tomatoes
1 package taco seasoning
2 cans crescent rolls
1 box Mexican Velveeta Cheese


INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cook meat, add taco seasoning and tomatoes.
3. Take one can crescent rolls, put in bottom o’ 9x13 pan.
4. Add beef mixture, then cheese.
5. Put other can o’ rolls on the top.
6. Bake 20 minutes until golden brown.
.....I sprinkled some shredded Mexican cheese pack on the very very top just to add some fanciness!!


Yes, I left it in just a li'l longer causing it to be a very golden brown!! (: Adam loves anything tacos, burritos, Mexican food always is a hit with him, so this was the PERFECT meal because it was soo easy!! (:

All finished...VOILA... !

Don't worry, I had just a li'l taste and didn't eat more o' this because this thing would've killed my belly!! It WAS really good...a li'l cheesy, but great!! We ended up taking the rest o' the casserole to my parents...they really enjoyed it. Dad said it wasn't quite spicy enough...but then NOTHING is spicy enough for my father. Haha...that man has an IRON stomach! YEAH...YEAH for trying a new recipe and it being a hit!

THE END!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment