Encouraging Words

"Rejoice Evermore!" ---I Thessalonians 5:16


"God sends the rain into your life so you can enjoy the beauty o' HIS rainbow!" --- Jill McFinnegan (:

Visitor Counter


View My Stats

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

11.1--Stent Free!!

Sorry this post is SO incredibly late. I was able to get my stent out a few Monday's ago. (11.1.10 to be exact) So yeah, it's been a really long time. YIKES!! Ok, so here is the update, the stent has been removed. Terry Snare was able to drive me to the the doctor's and stay with me in the case that I would need something. It was very painful Monday and the following Tuesday. I was able to go to work that Wednesday...it was a li'l rough, but it was SO great to be back to work. I just had to take pictures o' the stent!! For those who don't know what a stent looks like, here are the pictures.

The stent was 13 inches long with curly ends. The curls are to hold the stent in place. The top curl hooks into the kidneys, stent goes down the ureter, and then the bottom stent hooks into the bladder. There are also li'l holes in the tube to make it easier for fluids to pass through.

How's this for pain in my kidneys!!




I asked for them to save it for me.
They said that was the first time anybody's asked that!



Ugh...glad it's out!!

So now that it's out, I've been feeling pretty good. Every now and again I get some pain cause the doctor says that over the next couple weeks I should be passing li'l pieces from when the huge ones were broken up by the lithotripsy. I'm supposed to continue to drink LOTS and LOTS o' fluids (iced tea is a liquid...hehe) and if the pain comes back to take a pain pill and get off my feet! So that is the update...sorry it's only taken a few weeks! (:

THE END!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment